Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Help me out here

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Help me out here

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:11 pm   Post subject: Help me out here
Fire In My Hole

How is attacking / Bullying (congrats on being the new Amy's) LM helping things here? Is his sudden suicide (which is what most of you seem to be wanting) going to suddenly fix things, bring in hackers, get people interested? How is what your doing any different to what Jay had to suffer for years on end? I suppose he deserved it too right? Then again it got you all to LOL right, because it didnt involve you?

Arent we all supposed to be sticking together or something, All 4 One? I know thats the musketeers but I could totally pull off that outfit. Cant we all get along?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Blade Master of ARCentral (1400)

I may of been alittle rash, but the problem is there are no admins here. Only powergrabbers. With 3 or 4 proper admins who are editing posts/ locking offtopic posts, ARC could thrive again.

As it is, newbies come here, get lost in the 10 forums of crap and leave because our only output is crap. Atleast on gamefaqs they have new codes (albeit leached)..
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Master Poster (800-999)

The E-drama could swing this place one way or another.
One path leads toward salvation, which will bring this forum back to life.
The other path leads to destruction. Classic Internet tale of a dying forum.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:25 am   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Silver Member

Argon wrote:
I may of been alittle rash, but the problem is there are no admins here. Only powergrabbers. With 3 or 4 proper admins who are editing posts/ locking offtopic posts, ARC could thrive again.

As it is, newbies come here, get lost in the 10 forums of crap and leave because our only output is crap. Atleast on gamefaqs they have new codes (albeit leached)..

I didn't get a chance to say much in the other topic (what with a life that I have these days) but, I just wanted to quote one thing from the other topic that was about me.

Argon wrote:
smk - dont remember the last time he did admin stuff, only posted in the gallery and other crap like that

The last time I did anything "admin" like was in May, possibly April. I did a lot of bot banning this past year and the year before. However, as time went on and as school got busier, I had to shift focus. Then the summer came, not much to administer that I noticed. The rules clearly state what's wrong and what's right and the forum descriptions counter some of those rules to an extent (The Bar for example or Fun & Games) what you consider spamming, isn't spamming going by the forum descriptions of those two forums. Kitchen Sink seems all fine and dandy when I go to check it out, so, when I check KS I usually check PN and then leave and come back a few hours later maybe even the next day depending on my schedule.

Then school came in again, admittedly, I was on the USB Gecko forums more than here (AND that's because that place simply had more modding to do than here, seriously, if you think THIS place is bad, USB Gecko was FAR worse). Then of course school started kicking its butt ugly head at the end of September and I've bee busy since trying to get my grades to a decent level.

It's not my fault that I have a life and I need to get somewhere in it. I feel that this forum doesn't need much moderation going by how it is set up and what the forum descriptions clearly state. If I need to be demoted, LM would have demoted me months ago, but he hasn't. However, I guess in this case that idea is nullified by how you see LM as "clouded" or a "bad" admin. He's done a lot more than me and is TONS more dedicated than I am or probably any of the staff. Believe it or not, he checks every forum and ever topic that he can. I believe that takes a lot of dedication, especially to go through all the crap that you see is "spam" or the forum "dying".

One little swift kick to the staff team won't do anything. It's the community that needs to get its act together, if you're not doing your part then what are we supposed to do? ARC is dead as a code forum to EVERYBODY. Link, LINK, wouldn't use this forum for Wii codes when he was going to move the forums to somewhere else. We were WILLING to give hospitality to new members and codes and Link just didn't do it, didn't accept the offer and created the WiiRD forums since the USB Gecko forums went down under. We, as the staff, WERE trying to get this place together in September, it died though when Link made the WiiRD forums and ignored our (well, not really ignored) suggestion.

Simply put, I can't do much if there's nothing that is against what the forum descriptions say versus the rules. Other staff members clearly get to the stuff before I do and I have a life to live with school and stuff. You should understand that at least, since you're aspiring to work with 3D.

At the end of the day, ARC will remain the way it is, nothing you or I say will change much. Saying doesn't equal doing, it would require a lot of work that just isn't worth it if the community isn't putting out.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:44 am   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Fire In My Hole

Quote:
Yamishira says:
told you my topic was the best
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:42 am   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Silver Member

I love ARC which is exactly I've offered to help re-do the main site 73 times, to bring more people to ARC... but OH WELL.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:25 am   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
(Slightly off topic, but related)

Quote:
The rules clearly state what's wrong and what's right and the forum descriptions counter some of those rules to an extent (The Bar for example or Fun & Games) what you consider spamming, isn't spamming going by the forum descriptions of those two forums.

About that, could someone explain to me (in depth) what spam is? Because I seem to have turned into this horrid super spammer even though I only spam the bar (where spam is legal and people shouldn't be getting pissed about it). To me, "indeed" is an actual comment.

CORE-MEANING: an adverb indicating agreement with or confirmation of something
He is indeed an actor.
"Do you know that man?" "Indeed I do."
adv
1. what is more: introduces a statement that strengthens or adds to a point just made
I am willing, indeed eager, to speak on your behalf.

2. for emphasis: gives additional emphasis after a descriptive word or phrase
The news, I learned, was grim indeed.

3. indicates response: expresses surprise, curiosity, or disbelief
"He's applied for a job." "Has he indeed?"

So what should I say when I want to let someone know I agree or I find what they have posted enjoyable? Should I extend my phrases to something longer, but with the same meaning? Should I just not let that person know even though I have every right to voice my opinion?

Basically, what (outside of the bar) have I posted that is enraging so many people?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:37 am   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Fire In My Hole

This is directed at me isnt it lol. I just consider 1 word replies as spam. Nothing like opening up a topic to be greated by "lol" or "yeah". Epic win.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:25 am   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Shadow Hacker

Oh my god... are you people so daft you don't know how to read the rules anymore? All this s*** could have been avoided in the first damn place had any of you bothered to do so.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:31 am   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Fire In My Hole

Couldnt be bothered.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:03 am   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Shadow Hacker

Then get the fruck off my internets! :punch:

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:49 am   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Silver Member

Okay, enough of the language. This isn't the bar.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Shadow Hacker

I didn't curse, and you're not a mod. Use the report post button.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Silver Member

:cry:
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Fire In My Hole

Away with your spam! *aways thee*
Top Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Gold Member

:|

Constructive criticism is usually more helpful than attacking/bullying another member, as Yamishira was getting at in the original post. I'm guessing this was being done in The Bar?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Help me out here
Shadow Hacker

It was done all over the place. Argon and TLD decided to go rogue and become that which the claim to hate.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW