Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - SMK's Avatars and Signatures Latest Works.

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:39 pm

SMK's Avatars and Signatures Latest Works.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:18 pm   Post subject: SMK's Avatars and Signatures Latest Works.
Silver Member

Well, since TLD has a topic where he shows off his work. I'd like to do the same. I might not do signatures or avatars as often as he does, but I still do, do some work. Anyway, here's my lastest Signature and my latest Avatar. Bare in mind, I made these for another username of mine. Yes people, I have a secondary username, nothing surprising, many people do :roll:.

1. Image

2. Image

What do you guys think? Any tips for making future sigs and or avatars, T.?

Last edited by smk on Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Top Profile E-mail YIM
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:25 pm   Post subject:
Infinite Poster

Just a question, do you know how to mask?, Or what masking is?
I think I can give you an awesome tip for picking out renders :D
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Top Profile E-mail WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:30 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

No, I really don't know what masking is and nor do I know HOW to mask. I know how to put renders behind the background, but I doubt that's masking, so TEACH ME! :D
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:57 pm   Post subject:
Infinite Poster

Ohh, ok, maybe ill make a little tutorial on it for you XD
or post it after, im really busy right now :P :(
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:36 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

A tutorial would be much appreciated, if you have the time of course :P.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:24 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

Here's some stuff I just made recently. Not very good, but there's always room for improvement! Tell me what I could have done and should have done please. :)

1. Image
Personally, I like this one better than my signature. :lol:

2. Image
It's OKAY, not the best to my abilities. But it is however, my first signature to have a shadow I made. :D

Comments?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:57 pm   Post subject:
Blade Master of ARCentral (1400)

Very nice. The render is clean. The shadow works well. The background leaves a bit to be desired, but its a nice start point.

A great backgorund effect can be made from pixel stretching, or playing with effects over Render>Clouds or another way that i'de like to share.

Select Gradiant tool.
Set Gradiant mode > Difference.
Set Reverse.
Unset Dither and Transparancy.
Click around till you get a pattern you like.
Stylize>Find Edges.
Copy the layer.
Transform>Flip Horizontal.
Change layer type to Lighten.
Flatten image.
Change colour and add anything else you like.

:)

Edit: Kinda like this for example. Started the same up to find edges. Then did my own thing. Heres an example.

Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:15 pm   Post subject:
Infinite Poster

Hey, SMK, just a thought, but you know what might make it look a little better? =/

Try taking the render layer, duplicate it 2 times, so theres 3 rendered layers of the same knuckles.

make the bottom layer of the 3 do a mtion blur of say 20 on a zero angle, then make the top layers blending mode overlay, and then make the middle layer a gaussian blue of 2 =/

Just a though XD

Other than that, they are nice :)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:52 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

I made a new signature yesterday. It took me two hours to make, and I like the way it turned out! :) Here it is.

What do you think?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:00 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

It's okay. The text is a bit pixelated though.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:49 pm   Post subject:
Infinite Poster

Its interesting, no idea what it says though O_o

If you want I can give you awesome properties to apply to text, like the one in my first sig down below this post XD

Up to you though, interesting still XD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:52 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

I have made a new Avatar and Signature. They shall be shown below.

6. Image

7. Image

What do you think guys?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:45 pm   Post subject:
Blade Master of ARCentral (1400)

very nice :) your progessing very well. now look at your first work and marvel at how far you have come!
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:45 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

Well, I made two new signatures. They're not really my best, they each took 10 minutes. It's more of a, fun thing rather an actual trying thing.

1. Image

2. Image

I could also make other DS Lite signatures if anyone wants one. Just ask. :)

What do you guys think? Comments?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:11 am   Post subject:
Infinite Poster

I like the 1st one more, cool job.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:49 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

Well, I made an avatar and a signature. I tried using the Gunge Tutorial TLD made. But I apparently, failed because I don't have the Grunge brushes (or at least I don't have one of them that you used). So I instead did what you did up to the point of grunging and I got this result below.

I added the blending option as "Difference" giving me that cool Shadow Link look. So I kept it! :mrgreen:

And then I did an avatar, I wanted to make a border around it, but I forgot to. And NO I did not copy from TLD's Sig he made for S_S. I made this completely on my own.

As you can see it looks similar but definitely not copied.

What do you guys think? :)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:51 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Top Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:22 pm   Post subject:
Hero of Time

Not trying to be rude or anything smk, but doesn't your new avatar....you know, look abit too similar to my signature?

Not that I find anything necessarily wrong with that, but still.... :?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:42 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

Super_Steve wrote:
Not trying to be rude or anything smk, but doesn't your new avatar....you know, look abit too similar to my signature?

Not that I find anything necessarily wrong with that, but still.... :?

Note the different background on mine, it's lighter and yours is sharper and darker. As I said in my post, I did not take that from your signature. I just wanted to make a Link avatar and signature and I was going by the grunge tutorial and only got so far. When I used the One Column Marquee it made the same color background as yours, I cannot help that. I however, did NOT copy and paste from your signature, S_S. You can see the signifigant difference between the two in color and in how much of Link is showing.

Just though I'd explain a little. :)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:51 pm   Post subject:
Infinite Poster

For some grunge brushes, your best bet would be to go to deviantart.com and in the search box, type grunge brushes, youll get a lot of findings, but it doesnt really matter which one you chooose, the outcome of the brushing is more less random either way :P

Also, if you see something with the word "Jashin", I would suggest you take it. Jashin has some neat brushes :P

My comments on the new stuff:

Avatar: I personally do not like the distortion (If thats what you used to resize the image a bit more inwards) on Link, but I think itd look cool in its regular sized, non-distorted way :p

The signature: Its interesting, do you have the PSD of it, id like to look over it a bit :P
I also think a bit of box patterns or scanlines on the left would 'fill it up' a bit mroe, it seems a bit bare, and maybe a different colored border.

I think you're on your way to getting much better =)
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next