Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - MY checkbook

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:31 pm

MY checkbook

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:09 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Silver Member

Your registry is a good idea, I like it.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:35 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Shadow Hacker

Woah, this shits getting complicated now. I dunno when I'll be done with it.
I'm already done with all the basic stuff I wanted to do to begin with, including pages, but now I'm adding whole new features.

The initial page will be the login screen (with cookies as an option). After login, it'll be a... portal? I think that's the right term. Anyway, that page will allow you to switch to either checking or savings, and display the current total for both (and it'll come directly from their files too, rather than a separate file containing only the current totals like I had before). Then on either checking or savings, it'll obviously have all the records, on pages (and you'll be able to select how many show per page), with the form to add new data.

Additionally, for the paged viewing, when you're on page 1, it'll have a link to go to the last page instead of the previous page (as there isn't one), and vice versa for when you're on the last page (link to go to first page instead of next page).

All of this, login screen, portal, checking and savings, will all be displayed from a single page.
Additionally, the text files containing all the records have been considerably trimmed down. Instead of having the full HTML, each set of records sits on a single line, with nothing but the raw data.

I've also come up with a new method of how to handle the data entry of the type field.

Here's the link to the newest version, which I had yesterday but didn't divulge it's locale. And here's the source code.

I haven't added in the scripts to add new entries yet, so the form doesn't do anything right now. Also, it still displays the current balance at the top (which will be removed from final) using the same method that will be used on the portal page.

James0x57 wrote:
Your registry is a good idea, I like it.

Thank you. :)
Not 100% sure what you mean though. >.>

Edit: It hasn't been implemented yet either, but $i will directly control how many results show per page. Right now it's set to a fixed value, but in the final, you can change it just like $mode and $page. It'll probably be named $results.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:14 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
http://linkmaster.shockv2.com/bankrecor ... ?file=5510

EDIT: MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:27 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Silver Member

Oops!
hahahahahhahahahahaa
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:50 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.

http://linkmaster.shockv2.com/bankrecor ... ?file=6666
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:09 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Silver Member

my firefox crashed. lmao
*wi-five* mike
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:11 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Iron Member

*Receives*

Year 22222222222222222222222222222 is epic btw.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:37 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Shadow Hacker

FireFox crashed on me too, and the computer I'm using kicks my computers ass.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:23 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Master Poster (800-999)

I didn't crash because Opera is awesome?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:58 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Iron Member

I can load it with firefox, it just takes forever.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:13 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Shadow Hacker

Whoever is using data bursts on my records project better knock it the fuck off.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:49 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Silver Member

It's a refresh + resend exploit. I would gladly show you a simple way to eliminate it if you're interested.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:00 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Iron Member

-_-
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:09 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Silver Member

lol I know it's fun to mess it up (and easy to do because he's letting us- even giving the php source!) but the developer in me respects the work. =P
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:10 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Iron Member

Well I've already talked to him about anyway. The -_- was for lols.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:22 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Silver Member

I read it as a chuckling "aww why ya gotta?"
=P
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:21 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Shadow Hacker

James0x57 wrote:
It's a refresh + resend exploit. I would gladly show you a simple way to eliminate it if you're interested.

I shouldn't have to eliminate it, being a personal project for personal use away from the eyes of the public and all, but yes, I am interested in seeing it.

James0x57 wrote:
lol I know it's fun to mess it up (and easy to do because he's letting us- even giving the php source!) but the developer in me respects the work. =P

I'm letting you view the source because I was hoping to get your opinion on it (or anyone else here who knows php). As for the data rape, once or twice for lols is alright (and I thought it was funny when I first saw it), but the amount of time you spent doing it was too much. I couldn't test anything because of it, it would have eventually sucked my bandwidth dry, and just in general... you're raping my project! :evil:

Also, I already knew about the refresh + resend thing, and already looked into ways to fix it (to prevent accidentally adding a new entry twice). I was going to use sessions, but I actually don't need to anymore. The old project build used include to show the records data, but I'm using a while loop in the new build. Because I used include in the old build, the table would update after every form submission, but the new builds while loop does not do the same.

To get the new data to show up immediately after submit on the new build, I had to find a way refresh the page. I used header location to do so, which updates the table, and clears the cache. Unfortunately, that might cause my error messages for when the forms aren't filled out correctly to not display, but I'll get to that soon enough.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:44 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Silver Member

1) I only did about 30 to 40 lines of the bursts. lol
2) Cool cool, I'll show you my idea to get around it tomorrow.
3) The easiest way to prevent a double click, double send is to add this to the submit button:
onmouseup="this.style.display='none';"
If you handled the submit with javascript, you could also re-show it automatically if the submit failed. OR you could add another button to re-display the submit button.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:56 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Silver Member

As for my opinion on the php: I think it's very well written. I especially like splitting up the code like that- like you see in forum php.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:59 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Iron Member

Link Master wrote:
but the amount of time you spent doing it was too much. I couldn't test anything because of it, it would have eventually sucked my bandwidth dry, and just in general... you're raping my project! :evil:

I was the one who sent the continuous transmission burst. I thought I told you :? .
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next