Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - MY checkbook

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:36 pm

MY checkbook

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:59 pm   Post subject: MY checkbook
Shadow Hacker

When I first got my debit card, I had already decided that a simple paper checkbook was not good enough for me. I wanted something I could easily manage, and effortlessly fix any mistakes I might make (and I have made some), something with a good design that's easy on the eyes, rather than the ink covered mess that is the checkbook. I had decided to make a simple .htm file on my comp to keep track of all my records, and it's worked wonderfully.

As for the design of said .htm file, I based it loosely of the look of the subSilver phpBB theme. I recently (like 10 minutes ago) redesigned it to look even better. It looks even more like subSilver now than before. Infact, it looks exactly the same (and is).

Here's a before and after pic of my .htm file.

Before:

After:

Whatcha think?

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:18 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
Sweet, the border accents the text beautifully.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:52 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Banned

What the hell is an Ammount?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:57 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Silver Member

******** Bank is great.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:01 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
Yadao wrote:

It's like Amount, but better.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:13 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Shadow Hacker

James0x57 wrote:
******** Bank is great.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA

Damn, thought I covered all those up. >_<

Yadao wrote:

I have no idea what you're talking about. >_>

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:24 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Banned

Why even cover your bank name? It's not like its gonna make one of us go rob it of your money.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:10 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Iron Member

>.>
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:47 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

Spreadsheet woulda done the same thing 5x faster.

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:17 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Master Poster (800-999)

Neat
Top Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:02 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Shadow Hacker

The Jambo wrote:
Spreadsheet woulda done the same thing 5x faster.

But would it look that awesome, and require nothing more than a text editor to modify, and a web browser to view? I think not.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:32 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Iron Member

Seriously, spreadsheets are boring as hell.....which I guess wouldn't be boring at all seeing as you would be tortured constantly.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:44 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

Here's how I woulda done it.

Edit: Ignore the letters, dunno how the fuck that got in there :S, apparently an Alt Printscreen issue.

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:55 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Shadow Hacker

Yeah... mine looks way better, and doesn't have all that ugly crap and buttons around it. Plus I don't have to install or load up some stupid program every time I want to look at or manage it.

Also, I'm thinking about adding in some php to quickly add new entries, and have it online so I can access it from anywhere with internet access (to check my balance and add new entries away from home). Can't do that if it's in some program.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:58 pm   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Iron Member

Might as well just use online banking.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:21 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Shadow Hacker

I do, but I like to keep my own records, especially when purchases don't show up instantly. Plus, the records there are uglier than the spreadsheet in Jambos pic, with walls of text in the transaction description. Takes 3 screens to login as well.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:13 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Iron Member

Ah, that's not at all like my bank.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:04 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Silver Member

I have to go through 3 screens sometimes too. It's so lame.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:14 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Banned

I went through 3 screens JUST to get to this topic. It was horrible. Needless to say, I won't be coming back. If you guys make anymore posts, please IM them to me so I can tattoo them on the back of my hand.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:04 am   Post subject: Re: MY checkbook
Shadow Hacker

Three screens that required login information, security questions, and passwords?

I've added in the form area, now it just needs some php to get it goin.

Edit: The box to the left of the amount box is also a dropdown menu, I just cut the arrow off. Menu obviously has only two options, + or -, - by default.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW