IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:51 am

Wall Clock

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:49 am   Post subject: Wall Clock
Shadow Hacker

Mah new [modded] wall clock. >.>

Didn't turn out as good as I had hoped, but it's not too bad. Need to find a better type of spray paint...

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:18 am   Post subject: Re: Wall Clock
Banned

My clock is bigger...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:18 am   Post subject: Re: Wall Clock
Shadow Hacker

Bought a couple more clocks and cans of spray paint to make new higher quality mods with. Ordered a rotary circle cutter and long reach hole punch to perfectly shape the clockface with, and some higher quality paper to print it on. Will make sure not to fuck up the paint job this time around as well, now that I've had some pratice and know what to do.

Will post pic when parts get here and clocks are made. Not that anyone cares though.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:11 am   Post subject: Re: Wall Clock
Shadow Hacker

Brand new clockface image (made myself this time) and no spotting.

It's... just... so... beautiful! *tear*

Edit: Also, photo paper really made a difference in the color quality. So much more vibrant. And here I was thinking it would be too shiny/glare ridden if I used that stuff.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:56 am   Post subject: Re: Wall Clock
Banned

I think this forum is down to 2 people.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:58 am   Post subject: Re: Wall Clock
Shadow Hacker

James read the topic, he just didn't post. That makes it a threesome! (not like that you pervert)

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Wall Clock
Shadow Hacker

Well, after waiting several weeks for the rit dye to finally get here, I tried making 5 more clocks today, but the clocks wouldn't dye, at all. Complete waste of time and money there. Failing that, I decided to make the other 4 the way I've been making them, with what little paint I had left. Things didn't turn out that well however...

First, two of clock hands fell into the grass while being painted (and another one was found laying in the grass after drying), and half of them got spotting, because the paint can was running empty and spat the remainder out. Then, the paint on two of the clock housings got fucked up because the wind blew the plastic they were laying on over (even though I had the corners weighed down!), and all four of them didn't get a good enough coat on part of the side, probably because of the wind blowing the paint away from where I was spraying. Then, while they were still drying, I cut the clock faces for all four clocks at the wrong size, not once, but twice. Then the third time, I printed them at the wrong size AND there was a printing error.

After finally getting it right on the 4th try, the glue bled through the paper and could be seen, which looked horrible. I didn't know this would happen, as I hadn't used this glue before, and the glue I used on the previous clocks (which I couldn't find any more of) didn't do it. Luckily I only fucked up one clock, and I still had a little bit of old glue left, which was just barely enough for the remaining 3 clocks. Unfortunately, two of the clock faces popped up a little on one side, and I'm not sure if it's because I didn't get enough glue there, or if I accidentally folded the paper slightly while pressing it down. Either way it was unfixable as the glue dried pretty much instantly.

So, I'm now down to 3 clocks out of 5, and two of them have fucked up faces, and all of them have fucked up housings. Time to put on the hands. I had no trouble getting them on to the two clocks with fucked up faces, but when I got to the one clock that came out fine, the damn hour hand refused to go back on, as if the hole in it were too small. While fighting with the damn thing to try and get it back on, it got pressed against the clock face. Upon peeling away, it left some paint on Pinkies face. The paint wouldn't come off...

And there you have it, out of 5 clocks to be made, I got a whole 2, and they're completely defective. I was able to take the glass from one of the remaining 3 and place it in one of the clocks I made before (which had gotten paint on the glass), but even that one had some defects in the housings paint job. In the end, I've wasted several sheets of photo paper and a lot of ink, the rit dye was completely useless and I still have 2 more bottles, and I've now thrown away about 7 clocks.

You'd think that since I've done this twice before, that everything would turn out alright, but no, not today. Today, Murphey decided to put in some overtime, and completely fuck me over. Fuck you, Murphey. Fuck. You.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW