Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Phantasy Star Online - Phantom/Dark Tower Mod Thing...

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Phantasy Star Online - Phantom/Dark Tower Mod Thing...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:01 pm   Post subject: Phantasy Star Online - Phantom/Dark Tower Mod Thing...
Fire In My Hole

I've been working on some mods for PSO (until my PC got mango'd up), and I have decided (because I am so random) to post some images of it.

For the Delbiters my goal was to make a red ultimate version of it, called Helbiter (pronounced Hell - Biter), the textures dont look quite right though, added to the fact the game crashes when going back to P2.

Fortunately I have located pointers to mod enemy stats and crap, I just need ways to implement the changes (activators just dont sit right with me). I also managed to trigger the "darkness" that appears on some levels aswell. You can make it any colour you want. 8 bytes away from the address is a nice little RGB mod. :)

The basic goal of Phantom/Dark Tower, is to actually make it tougher than Ultimate. As you know though, there is very limited options available to me. I think enemy stat/name/texture modding, and adding other neat touches (like the darkness/fog) is also nice.

Anyway yeah.

Dark Control Tower Area

If you look closely I added a very subtle red fog to give it a sort of Hellish effect.

Dark/Phantom Tower

BETA Helbiter + Red Textures

Unused Helbiter Textures

Bout it really.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:15 pm   Post subject:
The Kirbster

I too am trying to work on this. Although the pointers have been found I'll need to go find the other stuff. Also with the quest maker *if we learn to use it* can be used to make a new tower (north, south?) and use it as a real quest. This is to make sorta a super ult (for once you're lvl 200 or so) and the game gets easy so this will make you always come play these. Also these are the hardest quests in the game so it'll make em worthy of their title.
I am Kirby's #1 fan
Hyrule Temple Kirby Master of the SSBM Masters Club!
Proud owner of SSBM version 1.1
Current Project: Kirby and Sonic's Adventure 20% Completed
Kerrigan: Now ARC, don't you eat this pieeeeeeee!
Top Profile E-mail WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:13 am   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

Nice work Jay. :)

There isn't a North or South tower KIC, that's why there are no quests for them.
It's just 2 towers, not 4.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:10 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Quote:
September 15th

It's been a good 15 years since the incident at Ragol. Now things are peaceful, happy, fruitful. Life is good. Why cant I shake the feeling then that something is here, watching......waiting.......waiting for the time when we least expect it. Maybe I'm just going crazy with boredom, or maybe....just maybe I'm right.

September 18th

There was an unexpected power failiure lastnight. The elders blamed it on kids, how many kids do you know leave claw marks on the walls like that?
This isnt kids, it's something else, we have to do something!

September 27th

5 more went missing lastnight, that's 30 people in total! How many more have do dissapear before the elders will do something? They have to bring help, if they dont, by the time the next trade ship passes our way, there will be nobody left!

October 4th

12 more are now missing. Everynight I hear screams, and whispers of things moving in the shadows. It's time to fight, to end this. People have said that they have seen activity in the abandoned Tower, West of here. Thats where I'll look, whatever's there I have to stop it, I have to end this nightmare.

October 6th

I'm finally here. The old ruins of the West Tower. It's still pretty sturdy after the accident involving Professor Hunter. I can hear things in there, terrible things, but I must remain strong, and control my fear.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:21 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

What? :?

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:55 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:03 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:07 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Dont spam
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:09 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

LOL :lol:

Yeah, same to you buddy! *shakes fist*

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:22 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Yeah anyway. It's a back story to DT.

Fun Fact:

I thought of this while taking a crap. Okay not really fun, but still a fact. :(
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:25 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

Oh, I see.
So you thought that up? Nice. :)

Why's West bolded though?

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:26 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Because it was originally set in East tower?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:31 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

Errr... you're confusing me now. :?
Just pretend I don't exist. Nono wait! Don--- Jay? Jay?! Hello?!

Jay: Wonder what's on TV tonight? *click*

:lol:

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW