Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - LSW Debug Menu

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:59 pm

LSW Debug Menu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:08 pm   Post subject: LSW Debug Menu
Blade Master of ARCentral (1400)

I know its there somewhere :|. You can read all the options of the menu, as seen below, I just can't work out how to open that menu section. :( Any ideas?

Could this just be left in trash?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:48 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

When you find out do tell me.

It's all about backtracing assembly so I've heard. I've found tons of text refrences in many games, but never managed to locate the stuff.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:59 pm   Post subject:

I'm trying to find all the menu addresses. Then i'm gunna see if they are spaced equally or a pattern of some kind. and go from there.

Its main menu is 92B6, all submenus use 91D6. and 91DC sets how many slots there are on the main menu :P This is where I need Gcn to help me with the ASM bits lol.

Edit: ASM stuff.

lhz r10,10(r31)

If r31 = 0 then b <- 0
else b <- 803D92AC
EA <- 803D92AC + EXTS(10)
EA = 803D92BC
r10 <- (47)0 || MEM(EA, 2)
write 0s to 4digits || ??
r10 = 0000????

Whats MEM(EA, 2)?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:07 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

I have no idea.

Usually locating the address where the menu's are doesnt work, or it doesnt work for me. Just depends how it's set up.

If it's supposed to appear on the main menu with all the other options, it might just be a case of finding that address that loads those options up, and changing it to a higher value. That's what I did to load up the difficulty options stuff in CVX.

Or you can try dumb luck, like I did in SMB2.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:31 pm   Post subject:

Lol. hmm. I'm looking for the dumb luck :P
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:38 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

I have a game with a Debug menu in it but I have no idea how to activate it. :D :cry:
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:42 am   Post subject:

Lol. Gcn, hurry up and find out, the rest of us our eager :P
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:09 pm   Post subject:
Gold Member

Very cool, Argon! I hope you can figure it out. :)
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:39 pm   Post subject:

I think I got something but I'm so tired so i could be halucinating lol. So no more tonight. :)
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:10 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

There is remains of the debug menu in RE2. I've tried and tried and tried to find it, but nothing. :(

One thing that was near it was a movie viewer option, I thought if I found something that decides what movie to load up, it would be near it, but the only thing I could find was addresses that crashed the game.

Even if there are text left in memory for debug menu's is there anyway to tell if the menu is actually there?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:20 pm   Post subject:

Don't think so. Its all abit hit and miss. I tracked back the menu address through a few steps, and there was an address that stepped to 7 addresses on BP respectively after telling it not to break on the previous. There are I think only 6 menus in LSW. So i'm gunna explore each one and see if they correlate to the menus and see if I can work out the 7th one which will hopefully be the debug menu :D
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:47 am   Post subject:
Gold Member

LEGO Star Wars U.S.

(m) (Datel)
C8JW-0MVB-XE4HP
4RF5-8VQR-DHNYR

Replace Extras with Debug (L+A)
NA4A-9JBQ-T9D6K
TNU6-0QYD-FUTCR
9Z6R-RUY1-EHETF
BUBF-0HHT-D5M3P

Note: Choose Difficulty from the Debug Menu, press A, and then all options will be visible.

This has been tested. :)
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:26 am   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

Nice work donny! :D
Why didn't you post this in Codes New, Testing & Support though?
Do you want it added to the site?

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:38 am   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Nice! How did you go about finding it?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:23 am   Post subject:
Gold Member

Since Argon was the first one who noticed it in the GCN version, I wanted to post it here. There is a PS2 code for it, though.

As for how, the structure of the PS2 code looked like a menu swap (ala SSBM's debug menu), so I just searched to try to find a value that looked like the menu number currently displayed. Finding that, I just replaced the value with different options until the Debug stuff came up.

Here are the menu values I found, for reference.

19 - nothing
1A - Main Pause Menu
1B - Restart Level
1C - Options
1D - Extras
1E - Quit Game
1F - Debug Stuff
20 - Titles/Credits
21 - Go to Scene
22 - Go to Door
23 - Difficulty
24/25 - nothing

This can be added to the site. :)
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:15 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

I'll add it later on today.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:14 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

Added :)
Edit: Index Updated.

I finished my portfolio way early than I had expected, so I decided to make myself useful for a change. :)
I just hope I did it right... (the portfolio that is)

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:37 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

You are awsome Donny. Great work!
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:10 pm   Post subject:

:O i must get my copy back

and finish this :)

donny you rock

ah i see what i did wrong

i was looking for 00 as menu 1, 01 as menu 2. never thought it would be around 19 or so :) i'll get this done soon as :)
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:57 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Welcome back sweetie!
Top Profile