Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Ram Dump Requests

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 am

Ram Dump Requests

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:30 am   Post subject: Ram Dump Requests
Yes Argon, I know TS2, I was just really busy with Sonic DX yesterday, I wasnt in the best of moods, so I just didnt get round to it.

I'll try today.

Anyway, post your requests here, I would only like afew of these on the site at anyone time, that is unless anyone else would like to host them, as I dont want to get Dave upset again.

I would like a ram dump of Resident Evil 2 NTSC, if its possible to get me one, thanks, as I need to port that timer code, but its ASM. :x
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:52 pm   Post subject:
Hero of Legend

I'd like to request a full dump of LOZ: The Wind Waker for NTSC, please.

That, or Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for NTSC.

Just to throw some out there, if anyone has those games and wouldn't mind tossing some memory my way. :)
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:10 pm   Post subject:
Gold Member

Luigi's Mansion PAL. I would like to try to convert the "Walk on Ceiling" code. :)
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:13 pm   Post subject:
donny2112 wrote:
Luigi's Mansion PAL. I would like to try to convert the "Walk on Ceiling" code. :)

Providing it works with GCNrd, I'll get it uploaded tommorow, I have the TS2 one, or rather Ive had it for over a month now, just never realised, again it maybe tommorow.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:14 pm   Post subject:
Blade Master of ARCentral (1400)

i could proberbly host all these on my site if you are worried about space and all.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:17 pm   Post subject:
That would be MOST appreciated.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:30 pm   Post subject:

i'll add the ones already here. and then i'll make you an ftp account and you can then upload whatever you need to it
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:43 pm   Post subject:

http://group-zero.org/ramdumps/ then select the ramdump and click save as. Hope this helps.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:25 am   Post subject:
Sorry for the late reply, many thanks Argon, I'll take alook at it today hopefully. :)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:29 pm   Post subject:
Infinite Poster

Ohhh, so they are .rar files, thats cool. :)

I found some guy on DC++ that had like 100 "rar"'s, though im unsure if they were for GC :?

Pretty pointless this post I suppose :mrgreen: :P
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Top Profile E-mail WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:20 pm   Post subject:

.rar is just a high compression file storage system. The name mostly tells whats inside. They could also be .zip or any other archiving system
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:32 pm   Post subject:
If there is one for Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil Code Veronica X, NTSC, download the buggers and send em my way.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:59 am   Post subject:
All Star Member (300-350)

I'd also like to second hand and extremly nominate these Resident Evil ram dumps please so that all may enjoy any and all codes hacked for the series please. Specialy RE2 and RECVX please.

But throw in for all please if they are out there or someone can kindly provide them. REmake as well please, of corse for the deeper memory locales of Jill's breast size mods and such... hey heck, even I would ove to see that for a novelty.

I do wonder if I grab that Max Drive Pro thingie, if that will allow me to grab ram dumps from these games? Be it, I gotta first know, before I get the thing, and also, well know when the blasted thing is truely comming out....CodeJunkies of corse say it is 'out everywhere' yet no game store, nor electronics store (BestBuy/CircuitCity) has the blasted thing listed...and I do wonder if like always CJ's is again blowing smoke up my skirt.... they have done it alot of times, so I would and do expect that from them, but anyway still wondering err well whenever the thing comes out.

Plus still trying to figure if the thing is worth it all anyway...or is just another waste of plastic with the 'official' CJ seal.... :roll: I mean it sounds like a good device...but well we all know CJ's....

~Amy
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:40 am   Post subject:
You will need Max Drive Pro, a BBA, a cross-over cable, and GCNrd, thats all, however I dont know how you connect it, you will have to ask master (Parasyte) about that.

Oops, run on sentences again. :roll:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:10 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

I'd like to request being taught everything about these RAM dumps please. I know NOTHING of them. Thanks!
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:32 pm   Post subject:
Gold Member

Haven't you ever taken RAM dumps from GCNrd?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:42 am   Post subject:
Silver Member

I don't know what they are/do. So... maybe?
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:07 pm   Post subject:
Gold Member

1. Go to GCNrd (not GCNrdGUI), while working on a game. Note: GCNrdGUI won't function while GCNrd is running.
2. Type in 'dump <file_name> <beginning address> <ending address>' Example: dump pk2.bin 80000000 817FFFFF

You'll now have a file called pk2.bin that is a copy of the GameCube's 24MB of memory at the time you did the dump. GCNrdGUI does all this kind of thing in the background.

You can then view this with a hex editor (search on download.com for a free one). It's really useful for porting ASM codes, and often a lot of text from the game is viewable in the RAM dump. It is how I know Pac-Man World 2, Scorpion King, and Pikmin 2 have Debug Menus, but I still don't know how to get to them. :x
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:13 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

Cool, does it matter what you call the file?
If you search for an unknown 32 bit value and save the search is that not the same thing?
How can you tell there's debug menus?

[edit]I have HexEdit. When I read that it opened any file at all I thought it was a hoax as I had no idea what it was. LOL
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:21 pm   Post subject:
Gold Member

It doesn't matter what you call the file, but I usually give it a .bin extension.

If you specify 80000000 to 817FFFFF in the addresses to search for it is the same thing. I am very used to using GCNrd, though.

For Scorpion King, text in the RAM dump of the form "Chris W Debug Page" and "Debug Mode" is a big give-away. ;)
Top Profile