Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Driving me insane

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:48 pm

Driving me insane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:55 am   Post subject: Driving me insane
Fire In My Hole

Trying to hack a health code in a game called Calling. I cannot find it for the fucking life of me. Its basically a cardiograph in the top left of the screen, that gets faster as your attacked, and eventually turns red and flatlines. Ive tried all roads to find it. The only thing I can think of is Ive already poked it but its protected via asm or whatever the term is.

Any ideas what this thing would go by? Im presuming it would look like a floating point value, but I honestly dont have a clue. I know when you turn off your flashlight the characters health "visually" gets worse. Ive tried using that as a basis to find the health, but its simply not giving anything.

The ONLY things Ive gotten from this is a polygon colour modifier (wtf), the ability to kill the flashlight (random lol), and to make it brighter. Thats it.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Driving me insane
Silver Member

Did you nop the ASM that's writing that value you found?
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Driving me insane
Fire In My Hole

I havent found a value O.o. Well I found several 100 values. Afew seemed likely culprits. But only screwed the game up completely when I did anything with them (and I still died lolol). Could be in Mem2 I guess. But Im almost certain I looked there aswell. Well back to making nude hacks.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Driving me insane
Silver Member

Yeah how do you do that? lol
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:42 am   Post subject: Re: Driving me insane
Fire In My Hole

I give up. Either this thing constantly changes value (i.e. doing equal searches fucks you up). Or Ive found it but because theres that many other values I cant get rid of, and I probabally need to nop something to be able to poke it, Im just missing it. Theres several values that are suspect, UGH.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:25 am   Post subject: Re: Driving me insane
Silver Member

When in doubt, nop them all!

Or try to find the hit detection routine and make it pretend you weren't there.
In this situation, I'd probably set bpr on my coords and keep adding exceptions to the break conditions "do not break on" kind of thing. (if you're using Gecko dotNet, set "SRR0 !=" as the condition) Then, set the breakpoint read and get hit. Something new should read the coords. <3
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:14 am   Post subject: Re: Driving me insane
Fire In My Hole

k heres what Ive tried.

Its basically a cardiograph as I said. It changes colours and pattern depending on your health. Turning off the flashlight makes go abit more rapid and turn orange. Turning it on brings it back to green and normal. HOWEVER.

Based on that Ive tried doing the searches which would reflect that. = Nothing. All Ive found is stuff which changes the colour of the lighting (kinda cool lol) and made it so I cant turn on the flashlight (lol), nothing todo with health.

Tried doing equal searches before getting grabbed by a ghost, then not equal searches as Im being strangled. Nothing.

Im trying some workarounds at the moment. 1 would be a sort of "ghosts cant grab you" code. But I dont really know how the game would react to that if a ghost did attempt to grab you.

The other idea is at set points when grabbed you can dodge out of it, but you only get 1 attempt at it. The idea I had was making that unlimited amounts. Or a much better idea making it so you could dodge at any time. :/

Ive beaten the game myself and never really found health to be a problem. I just have to find the fucking thing. :p
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:45 am   Post subject: Re: Driving me insane
Fire In My Hole

lol Ive been able to keep the dodge button prompt there, but it seems to just be visual, yay
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Driving me insane
Silver Member

I always find it sort of incontinent to find other codes when I'm really looking for one... such a distraction! lol

I can't really think of a good way to find a cardiograph health thing's value.. That really would be a pain to hack. heh
Top Profile WWW