Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Gecko Site GCN Codes

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:18 pm

Gecko Site GCN Codes

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:03 pm   Post subject: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Fire In My Hole

Whats happening with this? If you want to add any of my GCN codes you have full access James. Cant really add them myself as I go by a different name now. Posting them under your username with me credited would be fine. Just aslong as its there somewhere (Jay007 I mean)
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:52 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Silver Member

I can give you a Jay007 account. That's fine with me.

There's a link on the homepage of GeckoCodes that links to a post with the app for hacking GCN games.

I can't add your codes myself without at least knowing the game ID though.

Oh and breakpoints don't 100% work on TSFP either. =| They actually break this time and you get the info but then the game crashes if you pause or change weapons. It sucks but it's more than we had before.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Shadow Hacker

Didn't realize GCN codes were fully functional on Wii yet. Well if they are, you can put mine up on it too. This sites pretty much dead (:(), so no reason to keep them just here anymore (that doesn't mean I want them on any other sites aside from that place and here though, lol).

I have all of mine in an .htm file if you want em. I'll give you the Game ID's too if you wish.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Fire In My Hole

James0x57 wrote:
I can give you a Jay007 account.

Id prefer if you posted them under your name. What do you mean by Game ID? The GCNcrypt one? I can get you those if you want.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:24 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Fire In My Hole

James0x57 wrote:

Oh and breakpoints don't 100% work on TSFP either. =| They actually break this time and you get the info but then the game crashes if you pause or change weapons. It sucks but it's more than we had before.

Goddamnit!
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:25 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Shadow Hacker

By Game ID he means the 4 letters on the bottom of the game disc, in the inner ring. Melee's for instance is GALE.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Fire In My Hole

Oh alrighty. I'll see what I can do.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Silver Member

I also need the publisher ID, so 6 characters total. It might be that you can only get that by starting the game with WiiRD or GeckoDotNET

Thanks though guys.

Oh and I can't post your codes under my name. But I can create the Jay007 account and post them myself. Like I did with the codejunkies codes.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Shadow Hacker

Okay, I get the first 4 digits, but what are the other two? Publisher ID you said? Where can I get that aside from the ram dump, if anywhere?

At first I thought the other 2 characters were the version number, but that's not it (especially when some are letters, and a lot are 01 when they would be 00 for version).

Also, how are you splitting up the different versions anyway? (I'm guessing the other 2 digits would be different between versions as well?)

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:13 am   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Silver Member

Actually, there's a version ID AFTER the game id in ram. I didn't know about it, gecko os and gecko os mod don't pay attention to it, so the different versions of the same game, in the same region, go on the same page because they have the same GameID. It sucks but *shrugs*. I'll probably work something out eventually but it's kind of a pain.

I don't know of another way to get the publisher ID. 01 is Nintendo's publisher ID. SSBM, Zelda, Mario, etc would all likely have the 01. Publishers change over regions sometimes too so you cannot be guaranteed to ever accurately guess the ID in RAM.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:44 am   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Shadow Hacker

Where might one download your converter? I've looked and can't seem to find it. :?

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:50 am   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Fire In My Hole

Why do you need the ID anyway? Why cant the person set it if its needed to the ID given in GCNcrypt. It would then make a retarded system easier. Though I guess that would be flawed too as my codes where probabally re-encrypted millions of times with wrong ID's. Just have to go by the official one from cj's I guess.

Cant you just seperate them by [US] [EU] [JP] [URMOM] [HOMO]
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:07 am   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Shadow Hacker

I think it's a good system. If you're going to separate games based on an ID, then it might as well be the games actual ID, which will be different for each and every one. They just need version info. Plus it just makes it seem more official.

Publisher ID though I think is unnecessary (but not useless), as the Game ID alone is enough. Should just be version info, which would also make it a lot easier to ID each game.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Silver Member

@LM: http://gcn.jaytheham.com/index.php?show=downloads

@Yami: Everything for WiiRD hacking goes by the GameID. Gecko OS, Ocarina (no longer in use), Gecko OS Mod.
I just set the Database up to use the same, internal to the game, GameID.
The GameID contains a Region ID, so they ARE separated by region.

@LM: I totally agree. The publisher ID is useless in identifying the game (but required for all the apps, unfortunately). I would much rather have the publisher ID replaced by a version number, but doing that on the database makes the database incompatible with all the apps it's linked to.

I've never actually tried to use a GCT file in one of those apps without the publisher ID.. but all the docs on the apps say the GameID is 6 for Wii/GCN and 4 for VC.. (VC has no publisher ID)

I'm not motivated enough to check if the GCT will load in those apps without the publisher ID. (all GCT loading in the apps is done automatically by reading the GameID from the Disc/Channel and grabbing the similarly-named GCT)
If it did ignore the publisher ID though, I'd make the DB version-compatible asap.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Shadow Hacker

One quick question. Will leaving in code names, notes, and all that other random text mess with anything, or can I leave all that in an do every code at once?

Also, I might have a solution for the version problem. You could always try adding on an additional tag to each game for version info, that's not used anywhere else. Melee, for example, could be split into 3, each having a different version ID, but all having the same Game ID (GALE01). The version ID would be used on the site, and site only. When adding new games, it could always default to 00 for version 1, and be changed to 01, 02 and so on if it's ever a different version.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Silver Member

The file names would all be the same, can't do it. I'll get something eventually. I have to reprogram it in like 10 places to do any change to the file name. Kinda assumed the different versions would have different IDs back before Wii had any games with multiple versions.

Just follow the format on the Database and it will post fine.

code title [hacker]
00D0C0DE hereyeah
Note here with no blank line

Single, Isolated lines like this become subcategories

Another Code title here [hacker]
00000000 0000000
00000000 0000000
00000000 0000000

Technically, because this is two lines, this is a note for the above code.
But it's kinda messy, so plz don't leave the blank line before the note.

code title 0 [hacker]
00D0C0DE here0000

code title 1[hacker]
00D0C0DE here0001

You can only add codes from one hacker at a time because the name of the logged in user is automatically attached to the code title. (you don't have to put it there)

Did that answer your question? >.>
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Shadow Hacker

Nono, I meant during converting the code. lol
Basically, can I copy my entire list of codes, names notes and all, decrypt them, paste them in the converter, and click convert? Or do I have to remove everything but the codes themselves, or even do them one code at a time?

James0x57 wrote:
The file names would all be the same, can't do it.

What if you simply added two characters to the end of each filename to represent the version number, and for all the features that need to use the Game ID, have it remove the last 2 characters in whatever it outputs. Would that work?

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Silver Member

Yeah it would work but it's a pain for me to have to do that. It would require a lot of changes in the PHP in many places. Looking up the files would suck.. Especially when it's all just for like 4 games total that have different versions.

GCNCrypt deletes notes (the version I have does anyway) but my converter only touches the code part.

Just might have to be careful with code titles that are 8characters, space, 8characters. It messes up the DB and it might mess up the converter.
"Infinite Somethin"
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Shadow Hacker

James0x57 wrote:
Especially when it's all just for like 4 games total that have different versions.

lol

James0x57 wrote:
GCNCrypt deletes notes (the version I have does anyway)

Mine doesn't. It only touches the code part. :P

James0x57 wrote:
Just might have to be careful with code titles that are 8characters, space, 8characters. It messes up the DB and it might mess up the converter.
"Infinite Somethin"

"Infinite Grenades" and "Infinite Elements"
Should I name them something else?

Edit: 8characters, space, 8characters does not appear to mess with your converter in any way. :)
Not for those two codes at least.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Gecko Site GCN Codes
Silver Member

Good deal ^_^
Top Profile WWW