Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:35 pm

Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:32 am   Post subject: Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)
Fire In My Hole

Simply put I would like the screenshot feature that was useable in GCNrd. Would anyone be kind enough to show me how this is done? I have the dongle thing, and I have the homebrew channel installed apparently. But my Wii's firmare is definately 4+

Its basically all I want to do. Im really not interested in hacking nowadays, more the ability to record and save things from games, and I really miss this feature as I cant use GCNrd anymore.

Thanks
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:58 am   Post subject: Re: Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

I am assuming you have the WiiRDGUI.exe installed on your PC...

Start Wii
Go to homebrew channel
Start the game (only through HB Channel)
Open WiiRDGUI
Change to Screen Capture Tab
Click capture (or whatever it is)

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:05 am   Post subject: Re: Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)
Fire In My Hole

I dont have the .exe no, and I was under the impression homebrew didnt work on firmware 4.X?

Oh and is there anything you dont know? :P
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:14 am   Post subject: Re: Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)
Fire In My Hole

And of course I cant find the disc to actually install the USB Gecko dongle, anywhere to download the drivers for it so I can install it?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:17 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

Yamishira wrote:
I dont have the .exe no, and I was under the impression homebrew didnt work on firmware 4.X?

Oh and is there anything you dont know? :P

Well you have the HB Channel installed, so what else do you need?

http://wiird.l0nk.org/wp/download

And no, there isn't. =D

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:26 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)
Fire In My Hole

I need the drivers for the actual dongle memory thingy. As when I insert the USB side into my PC it does the whole found new hardware, but it obviously cant find the drivers as their on the disc, which I dont have >_<
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)
Silver Member

Vista and XP Drivers, if you need others...

The Jambo wrote:
Start Wii
Go to homebrew channel
Start Gecko OS 1.9.1 (or any other version)
(Make sure in the options screen that Debugger is on so it can communicate with the PC)
Launch the game (or choose Launch Channel)
Open WiiRDGUI
Change to Screen Capture Tab
Click capture (or whatever it is)
fixed ;)
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)
Fire In My Hole

Thankyou kind sir, I shall try this out...and then flame you when it doesnt work ;)
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)
Silver Member

lol, np mate
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)
Fire In My Hole

WiirdGUI wont do anything?

I go into homebrew channel
Load Gecko OS
Launch Game
It Launches

But I cant do anything with WiirdGUI, it just wont respond.

When I click Show Wiird, its saying something about error sending command? Theres something I havent done I think so it can communicate
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:25 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)
Fire In My Hole

Well thanks for your patience James

YAYZ!

Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)
Silver Member

Seriously no problem at all. Just ask Loz and Kic about when I set them up at the same time. XD

Anyone else having problems, solution:

Gecko OS 1.9.1 on SD card in /apps folder for the Hombebrew Channel
WiiRD 0.9.3 on the PC
Drivers for USB Gecko in my post above
USB Gecko plugged into slot B (not A!)
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii Homebrew (what I want to be able to do)
Fire In My Hole

I know have this working on my laptop!
Top Profile