Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - GCN AR to WiiRD CodeType Converter

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:07 pm

GCN AR to WiiRD CodeType Converter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:55 pm   Post subject: GCN AR to WiiRD CodeType Converter
Silver Member

Last edited by James0x57 on Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:08 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Dont take offence here, because Im after an honest reply. I appreciate the work gone into this, im not questioning that. But doesnt this open the gateway for people to just take existing GCN codes (mine or yours for example) use this tool, and say "Look I can hack wii codes."

Basically taking our codes unencrypting them (mostly the case) or adding a different digit here and there, and claiming them as their own?

Or Am I talking out my ass here. Like I said dont take offence, just an honest question.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:27 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

I have to agree with him on this one. I'd just not release it to the general public. Infact, the best thing to do would probably be to convert every code now (1 game at a time all at once), and give this tool to gamecube hackers to use if and whenever they make new gcn codes.

Edit: I just downloaded it 3 times, and all I get is a readme, a jar file, and a folder with two more jar files in it. Where's the GUI?

8-bit Link pwns you all!

Last edited by Link Master on Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:36 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

I just get an application error box, please try reinstalling it. Dunno dude.

*edit*

Deleted everything, and extracted it again, and now I cant find the actual program. Confusion abounds.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:24 pm   Post subject:
Hero of Time

Yamishira wrote:
But doesnt this open the gateway for people to just take existing GCN codes (mine or yours for example) use this tool, and say "Look I can hack wii codes."

I don't think so (as they are still GCN codes, just in a different format), but I also don't think it's a good reason to inconvenience people who just want to use the codes.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:38 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

Link Master wrote:
Infact, the best thing to do would probably be to convert every code now (1 game at a time all at once), and give this tool to gamecube hackers to use if and whenever they make new gcn codes.

Problem solved.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:35 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

It's the jar "AR to WiiRD.jar"

And yeah, it does which is why I've been posting to make sure it doesn't happen. That and I'm a member of almost every game hacking site with a message board so I'll see it when it happens. It's unfortunate but you'll have to either port all of yours now and get them posted first or sign up to the boards and snap on anyone who does.
Also, anyone can convert the codes as they are, my program doesn't do anything that only a program could do.
It does suck though. Sorry.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:17 am   Post subject:
Silver Member

http://www.usbgecko.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597

You have to laugh at the irony, don't you? First day of it actually working and bam! lol Sorry!
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:14 am   Post subject:
Silver Member

Twilight Spectre wrote:
http://www.usbgecko.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597

You have to laugh at the irony, don't you? First day of it actually working and bam! lol Sorry!

LOL and they just so happen to be made by Jay. :no:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:10 am   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

Twilight Spectre wrote:
It's the jar "AR to WiiRD.jar"

How am I supposed to open it then? What happened to the exe with the pretty icon? lol

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:12 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

You double click it... (you need- but probably already have- the Java Runtime Environment)... RTFM :lol:

I guess I'll just get something to compile jars into windows-only exe's. I'd like to just to get the icon anyway.

What I'd like most is to know how the hell people make simple GUIs like GCNCrypt without dealing with massive piles of fail. ;( Until then, Java will have to do. (Java works on all OS's though.. so that's a huge plus.)
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:41 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Your program doesnt work on mine, none of the files can be opened and used as a program, so whatever.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:54 am   Post subject:
Silver Member

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
Top Profile WWW