Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Proposition: Important new rule

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Proposition: Important new rule

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:23 pm   Post subject: Proposition: Important new rule
Silver Member

People who insult a hacker's hard work will receive an instant ban of 1, 2, or 3 days depending upon how the hacker feels about the insult. If the insult doesn't bother the hacker then a strike will be given. Punishments can exceed 3 day bans if the insult has broken other rules such as swearing and/or a personal put-down.

Reason: When your work is insulted, especially if you're proud of it and worked hard on it, like many hacks we've done, and someone says that it's nothing or insults it in any other way, it hurts. It can be a huge ego blow that has no effect other than lessening the hacker's willingness to create new codes and/or their willingness to post any new ones they hack. Thus the hacking-side of the community-- what we were established for-- is hurt. With less than a handful of active hackers at any point we must protect them from unnecessary insults so that their voluntary work continues to feed the community with fresh and fun ideas that attract many people and inspire other hackers.

[edit]Just for the record, I felt sick, sad, and like all I've been doing was a waist of time after reading zeldafan06's posts. If it weren't for loz and LM sticking up for me, I probably would have just said "f*ck it" and walked away from hacking because I have many other things I could be doing.[/edit]
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:08 pm   Post subject:
Blade Master of ARCentral (1400)

I agree. I did my best in hacking the Lego Star Wars games, and TS too. Well TS made awesome codes that made mine look rubbish, but if someone told me i was crap cause TS' codes were so awesome i would find that insulting.

Time and effort still goes into these things, simple and impossible.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:59 pm   Post subject:
Gold Member

What if a crappy hacker makes a crappy code? ;)

Both you and Argon are good hackers, but there's always random member "bluebird01987" who changes a number in a code, reencrypts with the verifier, and the code doesn't work anyways. If they then got upset when someone posts "It doesn't work and why is the verifier still there? ;)", the person posting that should get a ban?

I agree that laughing at someone else's hard work (that actually works) should not be allowed, but we already have Rule #3 to cover that scenario.

Edit: Looking again at the rules, I take it that Rule #4 is from this suggestion, correct? I think it's unnecessary, if Rule #2 and #3 are enforced.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:04 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

I've been thinking about rewritting them all again, in a nicer tone, and fewer of them.
But in respionce to part of your post.

donny2112 wrote:
random member "bluebird01987" who changes a number in a code, reencrypts with the verifier, and the code doesn't work anyways.

That wouldn't be a code hacker, that would be a code stealer.

donny2112 wrote:
If they then got upset when someone posts "It doesn't work and why is the verifier still there?

Saying a code doesn't work doesn't insult the work or performance of a hacker, nor does it say one hacker is better or makes better codes than another, which is the purpose of this rule. Saying a code doesn't work is just that, the code didn't work (or they were doing something wrong). It's not insulting, it's informative.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:41 am   Post subject: Re: Proposition: Important new rule
Gold Member

Twilight Spectre wrote:
depending upon how the hacker feels about the insult.

Based on that, the hacker might still "feel" insulted, since it's a subjective thing.

I'm mostly okay with the rule. I just don't really think it's necessary, since we already have rules 2 and 3.