Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - The good old days

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:19 am

The good old days

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:39 pm   Post subject: The good old days
Gold Member

I was looking through some old posts (e.g. late 2003/early 2004), and really wish we could go back to those days. There was one thread that had JAY007 (one of his deleted accounts), Jupiter (his deleted account), Deathwingx12, and me. We were all talking about how to help out the site. Really putting our all into updating it/maintaining it, which was a much more time consuming matter back then. Not that we don't put our all into maintaining the site now, but now the site's all fancy and has so much material that a couple of codes missing probably isn't a big deal.

I would get on everyday (even though I probably shouldn't have been :( ). In one thread, we were discussing how our biggest problem at the time was Link Master. :lol: JAY007 was even kind, understanding, and felt bad about having to ban people. This was before the "Amy incidents" and GameFAQ code-stealing changed him. :(

Heck, JAY007 or I were probably the Head Admin during that time period. That just shows you how long ago it was! :lol:

Alas, we cannot go back to that time, but I certainly did enjoy those days.

Remember when we were the "friendly" alternative to GSCentral? The sad part is, even with all of the n00b bashing, we still are. :lol:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:53 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

donny2112 wrote:
In one thread, we were discussing how our biggest problem at the time was Link Master. :lol:

Erm *cough* quiest j00. >_> :lol:

Yeah, I miss those days too. Well, the days after it anyway, where I wasn't public enemy number 1. :lol:
Jay was only a mod back then though, and I do miss the old Jay. :(

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:57 pm   Post subject:
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

thats it, recollect memories from when i wasnt around

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:00 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

lolz

You weren't exactly ARC's best friend when you first showed up either. >_>

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:11 pm   Post subject:
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

well u deleted me!

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:50 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

Wait, what? Deleted you? :?

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:27 am   Post subject:
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

my account...

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:43 am   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

I never deleted any accounts. :?

Well, except for those two p00rn00 accounts.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:30 am   Post subject:
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

you did, from inactivity, a long tim ago.

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:32 am   Post subject: Re: The good old days
Fire In My Hole

donny2112 wrote:
but now the site's all fancy and has so much material that a couple of codes missing probably isn't a big deal.

To be honest it isnt needed. A simple white page is all people need. Once they've taken them, and posted them elsewhere to give their popularity a boost, who really gives a shit about ARC right?

Quote:
JAY007 was even kind, understanding, and felt bad about having to ban people.

Thats before I saw how the world REALLY is.

Quote:
Alas, we cannot go back to that time, but I certainly did enjoy those days.

I guess so.

Quote:
Yeah, I miss those days too. Well, the days after it anyway, where I wasn't public enemy number 1.

Yes and now its me, thats the enemy?

Quote:
Jay was only a mod back then though, and I do miss the old Jay.

Yes because now I'm the Devil incarnate or something. I actually see myself as more of a Lex Luthor minus the baldness lolz.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:51 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

I still think for the most part that some of the past still exists (regardless of what Jay says about himself. :lol:) Really, I do. I mean for the most part, ARC isn't exactly what it used to be (I admit, I would like some things changed...) and there's more arguments as opposed to there being a community that was helpful with codes and hacking and everything.

With all the sh** that's happened with the few people that came here (Amy, Tingle, and Shanic being the three big problems) I still for the most part think ARC still has a little of its past left. Though, then again, I could be wrong. I have been wrong before you know. :wink:

Again, it was peaceful when AkuRyu was around, I'd say, since then and probably a year later the site has decided to go down hill. :(
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:58 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

*cue Cher*

IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME!
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:02 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

The Jambo wrote:
you did, from inactivity, a long tim ago.

Dude, I wasn't even staff until long after you joined, let alone an admin who can delete accounts, so don't blame me for s*** I didn't do. TLD is the one who sed to do that for a few months, and deleted about 2000 members.

ninjaiden007 wrote:
Yes and now its me, thats the enemy?

I never said that. Don't put words in my mouth.
... ... ... *stab*

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:18 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

It was a joke sexy.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:30 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

*removes knife* *patches up wound*

*offers you money*
Don't tell the cops. >_> :lol:

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:35 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

I'd like it if we were more active. But to be honest the only members going around both ARC and GSC lately are all morons, spammers, or ban evaders, so whats the point.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:38 pm   Post subject:
Gold Member

Maybe we can have a retro day. I still have a backup of the site from Sept. 25, 2003. :P

Here's the main index page from then. ;)

Link Master wrote:
TLD is the one who sed to do that for a few months, and deleted about 2000 members.

It wasn't necessary (he thought it was saving space on the forum), but it certainly was nice to get rid of those seemingly *inactive* accounts. Right now we have 3515 "members," but only 942 have ever posted. :\

ninjaiden007 wrote:
*cue Cher*

IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME!

Argh! I can hear it! What have you done!?!
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:21 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

Link Master wrote:
TLD is the one who sed to do that for a few months, and deleted about 2000 members.

Sed? WTF?? Did my keybaord stop working for a while when I typed that???

Replace "sed to do" with "did" to make better sense. lol

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW