Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:11 pm

LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:52 am   Post subject: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Silver Member

Link Master wrote:
This site has been dead for a long time now, we all know it. That being said, it was only the code portion and original purpose of it that had died, the community lived on. It was a good run, but now, even the community is dead, and there's nothing left of this place but a memory of what it used to be.

It's time to move on, and I have a plan. Not for this site, but for a new, and for what little is left of this community to live on there. This plan involves you more than it does me, so I thought I should run it by you first.

Remember when you said you would redesign ARC, and that you would try to incorporate as many of our ideas into it as you can? Well, we never gave you those ideas, and it never happened. But, if you would still like to extend that offer, then this just might work.

Basically, what I have in mind is, a site exactly like the Wiird Code Database. It would be 100% identical in everything, except instead of Wii and Wii related codes, it would contain codes for all other cheat devices before it, on all consoles. It would be a lot like other sites, such as GSC, but instead of it relying on a single person, or small group of people adding the codes and keeping everything up to date, it would of course rely on the hackers themselves, who can add codes at their own discretion.

If we can get the word out about it, and get enough supporters, we might even get all (or at least most) of the gsc and kw hackers to hop on board. After all, this code database won't be governed by anyone, and hackers will have the freedom the add, modify and remove their own codes at any given time. It could end up as the new central hub for all previous generation codes.

If you were able to make it through those walls of text, what do you say? Are you on board with this idea?

If you didn't actively fight to keep me from being an admin here or even a full moderator, I might. If I was actually included in and able see all of ARC at any point during it's life (for which I was around almost in its entirety), I might. If you weren't a credit-stealing dick about the custom posts, I might-- or if you had actually let the custom posts come to be, I might. If you would have let me help update the site years ago when I wanted to, I might. If you didn't resist me on every single change or hand I tried to lend towards ARC, I might.
But as it is now, LM, you CLEARLY don't have an ounce of respect for me and I absolutely won't trust you with my hard work.

I tried so many times to be more included with ARC, it's a great disappointment that I wasn't able to just because you didn't like me.

And in the end, it's almost a 100% guarantee that not nearly enough people care about those old codes to form ANY kind of community from them. And, seriously, do you even know any of the old hackers? I do! There's a 0.3333% chance they'd care at all or put any effort into adding there work to ANOTHER database.

But let me not be completely closed to this-- If I did agree to do this, it would only be under the condition that you're just a normal user. Not a mod, definitely not an admin, No special viewing privileges, no FTP access, just a normal user. And you'd never have a chance of being more than a mod on one or two unused sub forms- which you'd have to fight like hell to get. TLD would be unbanned and I'd be the only one with ftp access. All other admins would remain admins, of course.
I don't want you to leave- just like you probably don't want me to leave- but we'd be switching places.

But you can't even stomach the idea of being in the position you've kept me in for years so I know this will never happen and it's more just an excuse to rant.

And I couldn't possibly be an admin without at least knowing the others didn't care that I was (or still don't care as the case is).

/frustration
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:08 am   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Crazy Poster (650-800)

No one gives a shit about the old games or even plans to hack them. =\

I don't know how else you'll try to bring activity back to a "new" forum,
but this isn't the right way.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:36 am   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Banned

Payback is a bitch. I love it <3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:10 am   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

James0x57 wrote:
If I did agree to do this, it would only be under the condition that you're just a normal user. Not a mod, definitely not an admin, No special viewing privileges, no FTP access, just a normal user. And you'd never have a chance of being more than a mod on one or two unused sub forms- which you'd have to fight like hell to get. TLD would be unbanned and I'd be the only one with ftp access. All other admins would remain admins, of course.
I don't want you to leave- just like you probably don't want me to leave- but we'd be switching places.

=D I LIKE THIS IDEA!....mebbi not the only one with FTP access, BUT YES!

huh....always wondered why you werent a mid or anything like that.

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:34 am   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Fire In My Hole

I still love you James number 1. Even after our tiff earlier
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:34 am   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Fire In My Hole

lost my train of thought
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:49 am   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Fire In My Hole

Oh its not that I dont care about making you an admin. I just dont know how. Ive only just figured out how to create a new forum. lol?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:33 am   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Shadow Hacker

Im about to go to work, and Im using my Wii, so I dont have time to read and comment on everything, but I will clarify two things.

1) I'm not trying to use you or your work. Even if you did do this, I wouldnt have any direct involvment on it at all; it would be all you. The only thing I would have anything to do with is the forums, and of that, I would mostly just keep them updated (phpBB version etc.).

2) I dont know what makes you think I dont like and disrespect you, because thats complete bullshit. I have a lot of respect for you and what you do, and the only times Ive not liked you, was during a fight (I dont like anyone during those times, lol).

2.5) Even if I didnt like you, that would in no way mean I disrespect you, because you dont have to like someone to respect them. Ive never lost respect for you, not even Yami (and beleive me, weve had a lot of fights).

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:46 am   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

LM, why are you the only one to get in fights with people? :?

And I havent forgotten about you Yami...

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 am   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Fire In My Hole

What did I do now? :(
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:53 am   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Fire In My Hole

LM wants me sexually thats why we've never fallen out. You just gotta show abit more leg James number 57
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:58 pm   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Shadow Hacker

Before I begin, I just want to clarify a couple more things. First of all, I'm not angry at you, and I'm not going to turn this into a fight. I'm just a little disappointed, more in myself than you. Second, I'm not going to try and persuade you to change your mind, but I will say this. If you really do care about about this site or it's community, then it shouldn't matter who came up with the idea, so long as you think it's a good idea or you would otherwise do it had someone else suggested it, then you should support it.

Quote:
If you didn't actively fight to keep me from being an admin here or even a full moderator, I might.

I'm not going to lie, I didn't want you to be an admin, and I didn't really want you to be a moderator either. It's not because I don't like you or because I thought you would do a crap job, it's because of how things turned out last time. It was me who originally suggested you for a moderator position the first time around for that matter.

Quote:
If I was actually included in and able see all of ARC at any point during it's life (for which I was around almost in its entirety), I might.

I haven't always been an admin here, so that was never within my control. Either way, your previous and past moderator positions do allow you access to all but one forum, which isn't really even used. That being the admin only forum.

Quote:
If you weren't a credit-stealing dick about the custom posts, I might--

For the last time now, I wasn't stealing credit of anything. The code I used was my code, all I used from you was the proper strings to make it work, which isn't something you can claim credit on.

Quote:
or if you had actually let the custom posts come to be, I might.

I stopped supporting the idea because of the arguments. The majority of the staff never really supported it either. Infact, that's the reason it never came to be, it wasn't just because I said no.

Quote:
If you would have let me help update the site years ago when I wanted to, I might.

I don't even remember this to be perfectly honest. I'm not saying you're lying, I just don't remember. I wouldn't have been able to stop you from doing it anyway, because any other person with access could have granted it to you.

Quote:
If you didn't resist me on every single change or hand I tried to lend towards ARC, I might.

What changes have I resisted? I don't remember. I won't lie, if it's not something I like, I go against it (who doesnt?) But just because I'm against it doesn't mean it won't happen. If the other staff want it, they can't stop me, and I can't stop them.

Quote:
I tried so many times to be more included with ARC, it's a great disappointment that I wasn't able to just because you didn't like me.

You fucking take that back. I do like you. I talk to you, have you as a contact on WLM, want to play games with you, asked you to be a beta tester for me on Red Faction, etc. because I like you. And honestly, had you ever actually come right out and asked me for my cell phone number, I would have given it to you.

Quote:
And in the end, it's almost a 100% guarantee that not nearly enough people care about those old codes to form ANY kind of community from them.

It was more about the site and whole collective database idea than a community. Either way, our community as it stands now would still be better off with a site such as that backing it. I think anyway, or at least hope.

Quote:
And, seriously, do you even know any of the old hackers?

Probably not. I know a fair few of the GameCube hackers (not personally know them all, but know of them).

Quote:
I do! There's a 0.3333% chance they'd care at all or put any effort into adding there work to ANOTHER database.

You never know. That's why the pitch the idea to them first and see if they're interested in it.

Quote:
But let me not be completely closed to this-- If I did agree to do this, it would only be under the condition that you're just a normal user.

Depends on your take of normal user. I wanted to be able to keep the forums up to date (my subSilverClassic theme specifically), but other than that, I didn't really want anything else. And as I told KIC, if this did happen, the ARC staff wouldn't automatically be the staff of this place. A whole new staff comprised pretty much of just the higher standing hackers would be chosen.

Quote:
Not a mod, definitely not an admin, No special viewing privileges, no FTP access, just a normal user.

Now it just sounds like you hate me. I would want forum FTP access, but the only one who should have access to the site is you.

Quote:
And you'd never have a chance of being more than a mod on one or two unused sub forms- which you'd have to fight like hell to get.

Now you really sound like you hate me...

Quote:
TLD would be unbanned and I'd be the only one with ftp access.

TLD wouldn't be banned in the first place. As I said, this would be a new site, a new forum. His banning here was 100% legitimate anyway, and everyone knows it. Additionally, as I said before, he could have been unbanned at any time so long as the other staff supported the idea.

Quote:
All other admins would remain admins, of course.

I have to disagree with that one...

Quote:

Of course I don't want you to leave. I like that you're here.

Quote:
But you can't even stomach the idea of being in the position you've kept me in for years so I know this will never happen and it's more just an excuse to rant.

Can't even stomach the idea? Hell, I'm not going to lie here, I really just don't care. I've already thought about leaving this site several times now. Also, I'm not keeping you there.

Quote:
And I couldn't possibly be an admin without at least knowing the others didn't care that I was (or still don't care as the case is).

I really don't know what they think. If they think you should be an admin, then why haven't they suggested it yet?

For the record, again, since you clearly still don't see it (especially with not wanting me to be an admin, and all that crap), I'm going to say this one more time.

I'm not the damn ruler here, no one is. I've always supported a voting process, in which actions are based upon the majority support of the staff. If the majority of staff members say yay, then it happens. If they say nay, then it does not. I myself, as everyone else does, have my own views and takes on things, as well as ideas. If I do not agree at least partly with an idea, I won't support it, and I'll voice my opinions as to why. Albeit generally in an angry assholeish way most of the time, I will admit (YOU MADE ME LIKE THIS ARC!!!).

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:59 pm   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Shadow Hacker

Yamishira wrote:
Oh its not that I dont care about making you an admin. I just dont know how. Ive only just figured out how to create a new forum. lol?

I think he's lying. >_>

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:25 pm   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Banned

I missed the party?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:35 am   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Silver Member

An avalanche of bullshit!
And, clearly, you don't understand that you'd be a normal user and have no say in who's admin if this all hapened.

The answer is no Mr YouWontEvenTellMeYourFirstName.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:45 am   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Fire In My Hole

His first name is Daisy, like the flower
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:25 pm   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Shadow Hacker

Ive told you my name before, more than once. What does that even have to do with anything anyway?

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:10 pm   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Banned

Post your name. I dare you. Obviously nothing bad happens if you do. I'm still aliv...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:06 pm   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Shadow Hacker

My choice not to publicly display my name online is exactly that; my choice. No one complains about Yami not publicly displaying his name, so stop riding my ass about it.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:11 pm   Post subject: Re: LM's plan to move forward is to use me and my work.
Shadow Hacker

Who believes that anything/everything I said in this post was a lie? I want a show of hands, because it's all true, and if everyone thinks I'm lying, then clearly none of you know me like I thought you do, and I'm done here.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW