Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Video Walkthroughs

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Video Walkthroughs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:51 pm   Post subject: Video Walkthroughs
Shadow Hacker

Yamishira and I have come up with the idea to host all of his video walkthroughs on ARC. This will both help attract new members, and allow him to escape all the bull**** he's getting on youtube.

It's not set it stone yet, but with a little luck we may be able to pull this off. We'll have to talk to LLCD about hosting them on ARC since I don't know how much bandwidth we have. If it's not enough to support them, I can ask Ex0dus about hosting them on my site, since we're supposed to have unlimited.

Either way we need to come up with a method to stream them to the site without showing the source (so they can't be downloaded). PHP would be prefered since there's almost no way to trace it, but any ideas you guys have about doing that is welcomed.

So, what do you guys think?

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
Fire In My Hole

You should probabally point out its not walkthroughs to games like gaylo and the other 14million FPS games out there. Saves the bawwing that will come afterwards.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

Whats wrong with having the source?

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
Shadow Hacker

Link Master wrote:
(so they can't be downloaded)

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

Why not though?

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
Shadow Hacker

So they can't be stolen or uploaded to other sites.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:25 pm   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
Fire In My Hole

The Jambo wrote:
Why not though?

Because you touch me at night
Top Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

Watermark!

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
Fire In My Hole

I have one, but its crappy, it was one a friend did for me awhile back, but he gave up web design and design of any kind years ago. Id ask on here for one, but I remember asking smk for a background nearly a year ago, and he never did it, so why bother.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
Shadow Hacker

We still don't want them uploaded to or streamed on other sites. If they want to see them, they need to come here. That's the whole point of it all.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:00 am   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
Poeta's Protector

It can be done through converting to flash, though there are ways to even download them through outside sources. Other than that I personally have never seen a way to avoid someone downloading the video. Watermark is the best way to make sure that authenticity remains. Watermarks are easy to make, I make them all the time. Just use your image editing software.

And if someone does know of a way to keep people from downloading streaming content, please let me know!! :)
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:50 am   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

people will always download what is on the internet, theres no way to stop it.

but you might as well get some advertising out of it if they DO reupload.

I cant see the problem with downloading though? Takes up less bandwidth, and they still get it all.

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
Shadow Hacker

Because we wan't them to come here to view them (not to other sites). The whole point is to get people to come here (and also so Yami doesn't have to put up with any more BS on youn00b).

Fan4Lost wrote:
It can be done through converting to flash, though there are ways to even download them through outside sources.

Yeah I know, that's how youn00b does it. Would rather not use flash though, because of that, and so it's less complicated. That's why php may be a good idea, if we can use it with no traces.

Oh, also, I forgot, they won't be able to be streamed from here (or my site). .htaccess will prevent it. And Yami already plans to watermark all of his vids. :wink:

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:17 pm   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
Fire In My Hole

Downloading the vids isnt really that much of a problem, I mean we all know you can download youtube videos. Aslong as it has a watermark in it of somekind, I dont really mind all that much. I doubt anyones downloaded any of mine off youtube. I get what LM is saying, and it would be nice if it were possible, but its not, so its not really something to worry about.

The bigger problem is how I add videos, and get the existing videos to a new home, thats what Im not really looking forward too.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:43 pm   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
Shadow Hacker

As I said, they'll (hopefully) be hosted on either ARC, or my site. As for how to get them there, just use the same ones you uploaded to youtube to begin with. If we use my site, I can make an account for you to access my site's FTP with and you can upload them yourself if you want. Otherwise you could just send them to me (it would take a while of course, but it'd work).

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:28 am   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
Fire In My Hole

So did this idea crash and burn? I think we both wanted different things in the end didnt we?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:45 am   Post subject: Re: Video Walkthroughs
Shadow Hacker

Well, judging by the average size of your walkthrough vids, I'd only be able to host 1 at a time on my site (which I just recently realised and noted to Ex0dus). Haven't asked LLCD about hosting them on ARC yet, and still not sure if we even have the space and bandwidth to do so. If we do, LLCD will likely give the go ahead, but if we don't, I can't see it happening. We don't really have any other viable means of doing so aside from youtube, which is what we're trying to break free of.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW