Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - ISA, Yay or Nay

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:56 am

ISA, Yay or Nay

Spit the bar?
No, the bar is fine as it is. The spammers are the problem. 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
No, the bar is fine as it is. Serious topics should be posted elsewhere. 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Yes, the split would give everyone a place to post. 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Yes, the split would help deter spamming in other forums. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:24 pm   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Master Poster (800-999)

Here's a thought, if we got rid of The Bar and brought back ISA, wouldn't that give us fewer rights as far as spam, and making topics in general?
[i. e. No adult themed topics]

Link Master wrote:
Of course ISA is dead. I pressed the big red button and blew it up, remember? Huge chunks of it landed in The Bar though.
THOSE DAMN, DIRTY APES!
THEY DID IT! THEY BLEW IT UP!!!
*Zoom out*

Come on, you know you saw that one coming, if not a halo reference.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:26 pm   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
Why get rid of the bar?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:35 pm   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Master Poster (800-999)

Well, the problem was that everyone was posting in ISA, which was just The Bar with a better name. So, LM thought "Pffffff- What the hell? I guess I'll merge them, considering theyr'e both basically the same thing"

So, if we kept The Bar, we would have to go through all that crap again.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:53 pm   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Banned

Don't go putting words in peoples' mouths. LM was actually against the idea, but the staff as a whole decided to do it.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:00 am   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Master Poster (800-999)

If I can't even do a dramatization-
Never mind. The point is, ISA is gone, and if we brought it back, we'd have a little less freedom to make topics in general. The staff thought it was for the best, and you should accept that.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:10 am   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
How would that limit freedom? Can one not freely decide weather or not to post in ISA or the Bar? *note that the forums would be different because ISA would be purely dedicated to spam while the Bar would be an adult version of the kitchen sink*

Why is this still being debated? Did LM not already state his disapproval along with the majority of the staff? What more is there to discuss?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:13 am   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Banned

I don't totally disagree with the idea, but it currently isn't necessary.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:16 am   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Master Poster (800-999)

mikehippop wrote:
How would that limit freedom? Can one not freely decide weather or not to post in ISA or the Bar? *note that the forums would be different because ISA would be purely dedicated to spam while the Bar would be an adult version of the kitchen sink*

No adult themed topics

mikehippop wrote:
Why is this still being debated?

People have their own opinions about the matter of bringing back ISA.

mikehippop wrote:
Did LM not already state his disapproval along with the majority of the staff?

Indeed he did.

mikehippop wrote:
What more is there to discuss?

Events leading up to the merge.

Yadao wrote:
I don't totally disagree with the idea, but it currently isn't necessary.

This.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:38 am   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Iron Member

The posting of opinion (regarding the idea) is fine, but I don't need to be constantly chastised. My questions are out of curiosity not spite.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:08 am   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Shadow Hacker

insanimania wrote:
Here's a thought, if we got rid of The Bar and brought back ISA, wouldn't that give us fewer rights as far as spam, and making topics in general?
insanimania wrote:
The point is, ISA is gone, and if we brought it back, we'd have a little less freedom to make topics in general.

And the difference would be? The name doesn't make the forum, the idea behind it does.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:19 pm   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Infinite Poster

We aughta make a topic about who to ban so we can have a serious discussion in this topic about them peepoles we just banned! :twisted:
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Top Profile E-mail WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:23 pm   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Blade Master of ARCentral (1400)

mikehippop wrote:
The posting of opinion (regarding the idea) is fine, but I don't need to be constantly chastised. My questions are out of curiosity not spite.

Agreed. In this instance i agree with you.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:49 am   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Silver Member

So am I correct in thinking that ISA was a spam forum, whereas The Bar (at least in your eyes) is a less spam-oriented forum but more of an extension to The Kitchen Sink for actual intelligent discussion?

Honestly, I don't see the need for any spam related forum, even in The Bar. If it were up to me, spam wouldn't be allowed in The Bar, but that's just me.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:15 am   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Infinite Poster

I vote we make it up to you! :o
Via BoA rape stylez. :p
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Top Profile E-mail WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:32 pm   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Master Poster (800-999)

Link Master wrote:
insanimania wrote:
insanimania wrote:
The point is, ISA is gone, and if we brought it back, we'd have a little less freedom to make topics in general.

And the difference would be? The name doesn't make the forum, the idea behind it does.

ISA didn't allow adult-themed topics, and I'm too tired to say anything else.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:22 pm   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

...Yes it did.

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:28 pm   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Fire In My Hole

Would anyone like a Phallic shaped man cookie?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:34 pm   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

Would anyone like to read about spamming outside of The Bar?

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:37 pm   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Fire In My Hole

Is it still spam if I'm deadly serious?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:14 pm   Post subject: Re: ISA, Yay or Nay
Shadow Hacker

insanimania wrote:
ISA didn't allow adult-themed topics, and I'm too tired to say anything else.

What part of the name doesn't make the forum don't you understand? We don't have to name it ISA for it to be like ISA.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW