Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - How do you feel about the Revo Specs?

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:45 am

How do you feel about the Revo Specs?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:41 pm   Post subject: How do you feel about the Revo Specs?
Master Poster (800-999)

A couple days ago IGN set out specifications for the Nintendo Revolution. What do you think about them?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:09 pm   Post subject:
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

posting them here would be nice.

But its 00:10 here, so im not too nice now.

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:28 pm   Post subject:
Hero of Time

I think it's good, even though it's only just slightly powerfuller than the X-Box, it's still very good. You know how good gamecube games can look, imagine revolution games to look (and perform) 2 times better than that.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:37 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Someone post the specs
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:42 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

I posted them in the Rumour News topic couple days ago, shouldn't be too hard to find. Oh and my thoughts?

Well, I'm honestly not disappointed nor shocked. It's obviously expected to be underpowered compared to 360 and PS3. However, I still believe it will have good graphics regardless of specs. Specs on paper are not written in stone until we see some pictures. Until that destined point in time, I will hope for the best.

Last edited by smk on Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Profile E-mail YIM
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:45 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

They better be there, or I know who to blame.

EDIT

Wow what a load of crap.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:16 pm   Post subject:
Gold Member

You can't compare the MHz speed of the GameCube/Revolution processor to the Xbox's processor directly. The basic end result for Revolution is slightly more powerful than the Xbox with more and faster memory. If you have to have power under your hood, don't bother with the Revolution. The main draw of the Revolution will be its controller. If that is pulled off well, the graphic stuff (were RE4/Doom 3/Zelda: TP that bad in graphics? ;) ) shouldn't be such a bother.

The Virtual Console (NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, TurboGrafix16 downloads + all new games for download) is worth the purchase alone, I'd think.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:08 am   Post subject:
Triforce Bearer

smk wrote:
I posted them in the Rumour News topic couple days ago, shouldn't be too hard to find. Oh and my thoughts?

Well, I'm honestly not disappointed nor shocked. It's obviously expected to be underpowered compared to 360 and PS3. However, I still believe it will have good graphics regardless of specs. Specs on paper are not written in stone until we see some pictures. Until that destined point in time, I will hope for the best.

Where is that topic?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:30 pm   Post subject:
Master Poster (800-999)

Specs:
Quote:
Insiders stress that Revolution runs on an extension of the Gekko and Flipper architectures that powered GameCube, which is why studios who worked on GCN will have no problem making the transition to the new machine, they say. IBM's "Broadway" CPU is clocked at 729MHz, according to updated Nintendo documentation. By comparison, GameCube's Gekko CPU ran at 485MHz. The original Xbox's CPU, admittedly a different architecture altogether, was clocked at 733MHz. Meanwhile, Xbox 360 runs three symmetrical cores at 3.2GHz.

Nintendo's Revolution console, as seen on-display at the Game Developers Conference 2006
Clearly, numbers don't mean everything, but on paper Revolution's CPU falls performance-wise somewhere well beyond GameCube and just shy of the original Xbox. However, it's important to remember that there is no way to accurately gauge the performance difference between GCN's PowerPC-based architecture and the the Intel-based CPU of Xbox. Further, even if we could, these numbers are only one part of the equation.

Revolution's ATI-provided "Hollywood" GPU clocks in at 243MHz. By comparison, GameCube's GPU ran at 162MHz, while the GPU on the original Xbox was clocked at 233MHz. Sources we spoke with suggest that it is unlikely the GPU will feature any added shaders, as has been speculated.

"The 'Hollywood' is a large-scale integrated chip that includes the GPU, DSP, I/O bridge and 3MBs of texture memory," a studio source told us.

The overall system memory numbers we reported last December have not greatly fluctuated, but new clarifications have surfaced. Revolution will operate using 24MBs of "main" 1T-SRAM. It will additionally boast 64MBs of "external" 1T-SRAM. That brings the total number of system RAM up to 88MBs, not including the 3MB texture buffer on the GPU. By comparison, GameCube featured 40MBs of RAM not counting the GPU's on-board 3MBs. The original Xbox included 64MBs total RAM. Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 operate on 512MBs of RAM.

It is not known if the 14MBs of extra D-RAM we reported on last December are in the current Revolution specifications.

"The external RAM can be accessed as quickly as the main RAM, which is a nice touch," a developer we spoke with alleged.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:12 am   Post subject:
Blade Master of ARCentral (1400)

I don't care for power really. I want something fun and enjoyable, something I don't see in the ps3.

The 360 is something I may buy depending on where they general gaming direction goes in the next 3 months, aswell as the Rev, depending on announced titles.

I've heard tell of a rumour, that Sony might pull out of the games market if the ps3 flops.

donny2112 wrote:
(were RE4/Doom 3/Zelda: TP that bad in graphics? :wink: )

Yes Yes! All listen to donny :D specs < Gameplay and thats how it should be.

If you want to "Live the Movie" - Rent the film.
Top Profile