Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Are graphics that important?

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Are graphics that important?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:21 pm   Post subject: Are graphics that important?
Master Poster (800-999)

I just watched the ign live video, and one of the comments got me thinking.

One of the guys was being kind of a snot. This is something along the lines of what he said:

Head Guy: So, other than graphics, what is the next big thing?

Snotty Guy: You know, this reminds of a question that I was asked. Someone asked me, 'other than graphics, whats new about the next generation consoles?' I answered, 'uh, graphics.' you know, because that's the whole reason you buy a game, for the good graphics.

Are graphics that important? Should they be the center of a game?

What are your thoughts?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:29 pm   Post subject:
Hero of Time

Gameplay longetivity and replay value in my opinion are the most important elements of a game. Graphics are important to, but it's not as important as the "Snotty guy" makes it out to be. If developers just focused on the graphics then the game would just suck.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:14 am   Post subject:
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

graphics are important, but like Super_steve said, its not as important as people think.

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:35 am   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

I'm with Super_Steve. Though graphics are important, gameplay, replay value etc. are the most important and are what makes a game great.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:20 am   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Yes they are, deal with it.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:57 pm   Post subject:
Blade Master of ARCentral (1400)

They are... for a realistic game, not for fiction adventure games...
I don't want mario to look realistic, but I would love to see ssbm, or racing games being realistic

so yes, graphics actually are that important
but so is gameplay
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:00 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Let me put it to you this way.

The Xbox 360 is released but the graphics are of PSOne graphics, do you think people would be annoyed, or even care what the games play like?

Graphics play a major part in games, if you sit there and say graphics dont mean a thing to you, you're lying.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:06 pm   Post subject:
Blade Master of ARCentral (1400)

got me stuck there... you're right
I wouldn't buy a machine if it made all my favorite games but the graphics would be hellish

Bad graphics play old, I wouldn't play goldeneye 007 n64 simply because the graphics are outdated and thus the game feels old

you're right
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:36 pm   Post subject:
Master Poster (800-999)

Quote:
Let me put it to you this way.

The Xbox 360 is released but the graphics are of PSOne graphics, do you think people would be annoyed, or even care what the games play like?

Graphics play a major part in games, if you sit there and say graphics dont mean a thing to you, you're lying.

Yes, graphics are important. But they should not be what next-gen is all about.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:17 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

I never said graphics aren't important, but they are not the most important.
Fin

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:49 pm   Post subject:
Hero of Legend

Grarfics are important,but gameply,and storyline is THE most important element to a game in my opinon
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:22 am   Post subject:
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

I didnt think Graphics were that important until i played Bioshock on a 22" HDTV running at 1920x1200.

Sweeeet jeezus, its just freaking awesome. Best graphics I've ever seen in any game. No wonder it was rated 4th best game of all time.

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:11 pm   Post subject:
Triforce Bearer

DH, don't make such an old bump