Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Resident Evil 2 ~Preview Edition~

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Resident Evil 2 ~Preview Edition~

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:56 am   Post subject: Resident Evil 2 ~Preview Edition~
Fire In My Hole

This version of RE2 came free with Resident Evil: Directors Cut on the PSOne. Tragically I had this game once but it was lost forever, thanks to Jay B. (he maynot remember this) I still have the game even today.

The following images are taken from said Beta version of the game, they were taken AGES ago, so the quality is terrible, but still viewable, hope you enjoy, and please comments are welcome!

Everything you see here is no longer in the final game.

CHANGED AREAS

Kendo's store

This removed typewriter wasnt even useable in the demo anyway

Alleyway outside Kendo's Store

The missing shot not available in the GCN version, showing the removed Alleyway shortcut.

RPD Main Hall

The emergency ladder isnt in the RPD

A removed camera angle, zooming in on the (unusable) computer.

Room with Marvin

Marvin Brannagh does not feature in the demo.

Licker corridor

The electronic shutter panel is missing.

Office

Accessible in the normal game via the Spadekey, only with AR in the demo, the step ladder is missing.

1st Floor

This panel could be examined

It mentions the power being out in the RPD, did you have to fix that at sometime?

2nd Floor

The Cola machines are different in the demo

The door that this door in the pic below leaded to actually didnt lead here. The door actually showed up as a room, you cant access it though.

This room is only accessible via AR, the lockers have gone.

CHARACTER CHANGES

Leon's avatar is way different, I expect Claires was aswell.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:54 am   Post subject:
Banned

Have you tried looking for the Beta over Ebay or on BitTorrent?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:44 pm   Post subject:
All Star Member (300-350)

i have that demo. you can only play it for 10 mins but if you were able to disable that i bet you could find more.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:28 am   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Wrong demo, the one I'm talking about had no timer. It just ends when you pick up the key in the STARS office, and Ada Wong appears.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:19 am   Post subject:

hmm thats strange cuz i got mine with directors cut. it even had a timer on top and would always time out when you got to the licker even though i tryed to get there fast.

the only real difference in the demo i got that i can remember is that instead of the ambulence being there, its just a dumpster that you can climb over.

if i can find it i'll whip it up on my ps2 and check it out again :wink:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:25 am   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

It doesnt have a timer I can 100% confirm that.

It simply ends when you get (I think its the L Key) from the STARS office. Ada suddenly appears, the camera pans up, and it fades to black, and says to be continued.

The demo had alot of differences, I'll edit my post with what they are. Most are small, but some are odd. There where also other altered rooms aswell only accessible with AR.

I really must get some snaps of all this.

Just go here for the link to the list I made of the changes.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:43 am   Post subject:
Banned

It wasn't on BitTorrent when I checked.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:45 am   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

There are many Beta's of RE2.
Just off the top of my head there are

Resident Evil 1.5
Resident Evil 2 Beta V1
Resident Evil 2 Beta V2
Resident Evil 2:Preview Edition
Resident Evil 2 Demo (NOT BETA)
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:07 am   Post subject:
Crazy Poster (650-800)

Jay, though you might like this:

http://xcult.sonic-cult.net/dispgamex.p ... 6&gameid=3
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:35 pm   Post subject:

Jay what version is your demo? mine is PAL of course.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:45 am   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

PAL came with my PAL copy of Resident Evil Directors Cut.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:07 pm   Post subject:

hmm strange..... also i would try and verify my version has a timer but i cant find my copy.

if i do i'll use my capture card to take a vid :wink:

Edit: lol i found my copy in mint condition in my closet with all my old dreamcast stuff which i'm thankful for cuz this game is getting very rare. but your right it doesnt have a timer and ends when you pick up the key in the stars office and ada shoots at you. i dunno why i was so sure it had a 10 min timer for :P

maybe i was thinking of an RE2 demo that was on one of those old official UK playstation mags :roll:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:23 am   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

I forgot to mention I found a start modifier code on Biohazard france ages ago, and have been experimenting with it again today. It's hard to believe but I reckon most if not all the RPD is on the disc, even some Scenario 2 sections are still there.

The code if anyone is interested is -

WALK THROUGH WALLS
D00A0494 1001
800A1E1A 0C0F
D00A0494 1002
800A1E1A 1100

All Items In Crate
B0400004 0001
100A4DE8 6403

LOCATION MOD
300A4BAE 000X
300A4BB0 00YY

Digits

0-00 = Start Point (Scenario 1st)
0-01 = Kendo Store
0-02 = Alleyway
0-03 = Outside RPD
0-04 = Start Point (Scenario 2nd)
0-05 = Carpark
0-06 = Cabin Interior
0-07 = Outside Cabin
0-08 = Rooftop
0-09 = Crow Hallway
0-0A = Helicopter Hallway
0-0B = Red Jewel Statue Room
0-0C = 2F Stairwell Above Dark Room
0-0D = Unfinished Room
0-0F = 2F Saveroom
0-10 = 2F Hall Above Entrance
0-11 = Cog Room (Unfinished)
0-13 = Zombie Hallway 2F
0-14 = S.T.A.R.S. Corridor
0-15 = S.T.A.R.S. Office
0-16 = External Stairs
1-00 = Main RPD Hall
1-01 = Waiting Room
1-02 = Offices
1-03 = Archives
1-04 = Licker Corridor
1-05 = Area by barred windows
1-06 = Crisis Room
1-07 = Hall
1-08 = Darkroom
1-09 = Evidence Room
1-0A = Reception
1-0B = Safe Room
1-0C = Hall est
1-0D = Confrence Room
1-0F = Another Hallway
1-12 = Exterior Hall?
1-13 = Generator Room?
1-14 = Armory?
1-15 = Morgue
1-19 = Couloir des cellules?
1-1B = Chiefs Office
2-01 = Cellules?

Last edited by Yamishira on Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:54 pm   Post subject:
Banned

I can add these to GSC if you want to post them on .org's PHPbb.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:04 am   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

No idea who the original authors are, but yeah I will post what codes I have for the Preview Edition, as I dont have them stored anywhere.

edit -

Codes are posted on teh org
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:55 am   Post subject:
Banned

Thanks Jay. I have 'em. :)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:55 am   Post subject:
Tiny Member (5-50)

Hi Jay, I frequent the BioHazard 1.5 (BH 2 Prototype) forum (www.bioflames.com/forum) and I wanted to tell you that if you are interested, a method was found awhile back that lets you rip any prerendered background from PS1 BH/RE titles. Well the best part about that is a whole lot of BioHazard 1.5 backgrounds were found on the Resident Evil 2 Preview Disc! I also hacked numerous codes for that version of BH 2 that can be located here: http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=573 and plenty other BH PS1 titles here: http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopi ... 5553#15553 I hacked these codes also:

Resident Evil 2 GCN US/NTSC

Extreme Battle Menu*!
89UR-7YDX-9EUCV
3VB5-BJQC-Q5E3K
6F0A-X2NY-5PDY9

Rapid Fire Up+
0KVC-EYAE-T1X19
YKW8-41FD-DRAM8
RZ1R-EZGA-4X3EW

Rapid Fire+
B9Y9-5FKB-C84JG
B4UE-XEQP-9PH38
M6ZB-CCGQ-DEAQG

Rapid Fire Down+
DTC6-N2WP-MHF9H
71DG-QQ1Y-KFBCT
AUCD-C9MN-9BTX2

*After the game loads up, go to the Load Game menu and exit holding the L button.

!This code also unlocks all characters for the Extreme Battle mini-game.

+The rapid fire codes for the GameCube version is a bit buggy. It works, but it fires about 5 times faster than the PS1 version causing the gun to shoot strait up in the air. As a way around this, you can turn on all 3 codes and hold Down/R/A to shoot strait ahead, or UP/R/A to do the same. To shoot up simply hold R/A. For enemies that are low to the ground like Lickers, you're gonna have to turn the rapid fire down code off unless you're using heavy artillery.

If anyone is interested, here are 2 backgrounds out of 474 (!) BioHazard 1.5 backgrounds ripped from the Preview version of RE 2 by myself.

There's plenty more where those came from. This method works for ANY PS1 BH/RE title, I currently have every prerendered background in my possession. I simply love to hack RE games.

Being a dedicated fan of BH myself, and after using your great codes for RE4 GCN, I figured i'd pass the information along if you hadn't already heard. :D

Quote:
There are many Beta's of RE2.
Just off the top of my head there are

Resident Evil 1.5
Resident Evil 2 Beta V1
Resident Evil 2 Beta V2
Resident Evil 2:Preview Edition
Resident Evil 2 Demo (NOT BETA)

Beta V2 has come to be known as Beta V3. The real Beta V2 allows you to fully access the debug menu, and use the Machine Gun that was later removed Beta V3 aswell as the final. There is also a Beta RE 2 Dreamcast version, though I can't confirm what's on it because it's a GD-R and my friend can't rip it. There were even beta versions of RE 1.5 As far as I know there were 3 different versions. One with a totally different Leon model, and the other two were basically the same except for a few different backgrounds. For more info on these betas', please visit www.bioflames.com

Quote:
maybe i was thinking of an RE2 demo that was on one of those old official UK playstation mags

You were, and the title of that disc is FUTURE DEMO 31. I hacked a code to disable the timer a long time ago.

RE 2 10 Min Trial - AKA FUTURE DEMO 31 - SCED-00827

Kill Timer
800D6FB4 003B
800D6FB6 003B
800D6FB8 003B

Everything on that disc is final, no beta material. It has all the data up until the basement; if you try to enter the basement of the RPD the game will freeze.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:56 am   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

MarkGrass wrote:
Beta V2 has come to be known as Beta V3. The real Beta V2 allows you to fully access the debug menu, and use the Machine Gun that was later removed Beta V3 aswell as the final. There is also a Beta RE 2 Dreamcast version, though I can't confirm what's on it because it's a GD-R and my friend can't rip it. There were even beta versions of RE 1.5 As far as I know there were 3 different versions. One with a totally different Leon model, and the other two were basically the same except for a few different backgrounds. For more info on these betas', please visit www.bioflames.com

Quote:
[08:53:26 AM] JAY007: theres a different version of RE3 on the disc
[08:53:39 AM] JAY007: not sure if I ever posted the code though
[08:53:39 AM] Link Master: there is?
[08:53:46 AM] Link Master: what's the differences?
[08:54:22 AM] JAY007: different music, and a 5 minute timer, different starting weapons, uhmm, possibly others.
[08:54:34 AM] JAY007: no idea what it was
[08:54:38 AM] Link Master: oh
[08:54:52 AM] JAY007: thought it was a trial version, but I got pretty far into it
[08:54:58 AM] JAY007: after Id disabled the timer of cours4
[08:55:00 AM] JAY007: e

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:18 pm   Post subject:
Tiny Member (5-50)

Quote:
[08:53:26 AM] JAY007: theres a different version of RE3 on the disc
[08:53:39 AM] JAY007: not sure if I ever posted the code though
[08:53:39 AM] Link Master: there is?
[08:53:46 AM] Link Master: what's the differences?
[08:54:22 AM] JAY007: different music, and a 5 minute timer, different starting weapons, uhmm, possibly others.
[08:54:34 AM] JAY007: no idea what it was
[08:54:38 AM] Link Master: oh
[08:54:52 AM] JAY007: thought it was a trial version, but I got pretty far into it
[08:54:58 AM] JAY007: after Id disabled the timer of cours4
[08:55:00 AM] JAY007: e

A different version of RE 3 on the RE 2 preview disc? Typo? Did he mean RE 2? There was 3/4 of all Resident Evil 1.5 backgrounds found on that disc, but not an actual mode to play it, that I know of. If there is a method to play a different "version" on this preview, please by all means inform me.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:01 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

I'll email him about it, but he proabably did mean RE2.
I regreat to imform you though, that you've pretty much been trying to talk to a brick wall. Jay's no longer here. :(
He does say thanks though. :)

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW