Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:55 pm

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:30 pm   Post subject: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Banned

Just got it.

Don't forget to register your copy on Club Nintendo. There's a little pamphlet inside the box with a pin to do so. When you register, it will have you do a short survey. When you're done, don't click anything, it will redirect you and eventually a pop-up will appear with the free offer of the soundtrack. Be patient because the servers are slow and you only get one chance to accept the offer.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:03 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TIme 3D
Shadow Hacker

Well fuck, I wish I knew about this BEFORE doing the survey. When I was submitting it, it wasn't doing anything, and there wasn't a progress bar either, so I clicked submit again, and it took me to the to do list as usual. God dammit!

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:28 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TIme 3D
Banned

That's fucked. Hopefully others will see this first. I wonder if there's any way to get the pop-up again.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:01 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TIme 3D
Silver Member

I saw this first and have now placed an order for the soundtrack. <3

I also bought hand grips for the system because my hands are cramped and I only just got to Gohma. T_T
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:26 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TIme 3D
Banned

I'm already to the castle part, I think I might take a break. I don't wanna rush it, it's too pretty. I know the first three dungeons fairly well, everything after I've begun to forget.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:57 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TIme 3D
Shadow Hacker

I could be done with the Forest temple by now if I wanted, but I'm going to take my time, and do things I never do anymore (talk to people, use Kokiri Sword on bosses instead of Deku Stick, not get Biggoron's Sword before entering the Forest Temple, etc.). I just entered Hyrule Field.

Also, I remember basically every inch of this game. Word of advice: go to the Forest Stage with the Skull Mask before you sell it, and especially before you get the Mask of Truth. If you use the Mask of Truth first, then getting the upgrade with the Skull Mask becomes difficult. And remember, every item in this game that has an upgrade, has two upgrades.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:05 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TIme 3D
Master Poster (800-999)

I REALLY hate how they used soft shading, it kills some of the more dramatic scenes.

But that's just a peeve I have with modern games in general, no big deal.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:24 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TIme 3D
Shadow Hacker

When the order page didn't show up for me, I sent an email to Nintendo about it. Finally got a reply, and they've ordered it for me. I'm so happy now! :D

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:23 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TIme 3D
Silver Member

I got through Dodongo's Cavern last night. I went straight to Jabu's belly after that... which seemed lame. There wasn't anything I could think to do between the two.. (aside from go to the 2 fairy fountains..)
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:32 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TIme 3D
Banned

I got to the temple of time last night. It looks amazing now.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:29 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TIme 3D
Shadow Hacker

James0x57 wrote:
I got through Dodongo's Cavern last night. I went straight to Jabu's belly after that... which seemed lame. There wasn't anything I could think to do between the two.. (aside from go to the 2 fairy fountains..)

Have you done the Mask quest yet? What about buying and planting 8 magic beans? Then there's the two bomb bag upgrades.
I could list of whole bunch of other stuff, but you should have done them by now.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:50 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TIme 3D
Silver Member

There's only 8 magic bean spots? hmm
I didn't do the mask things- it wasn't open straight after the deku tree.
Can you get the bombag upgrades before getting the master sword? How?
What about wallets?

I wonder if that bottle glitch still works. This note from zelda is a waste of valuable space. lol
Anyone else love how they did the items screen? Arranging them however you want is great IMO.

ToT does look awesome. I haven't been through the door of time yet (obviously- only in Jabu's belly).

I'll probably get to/through forest temple tonight. (which reminds me- I lied about how far I was when playing minecraft- I meant to say deku tree- not forest temple). lmao
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:41 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TIme 3D
Shadow Hacker

There's only 8 that you can get at that point in the game, but 10 total. One of them requires Bolero of Fire, and the other requires Requiem of Spirit.
It becomes available after giving the letter of introduction to the Death Mountain gate keeper.
Yes... by going and getting them... :S (One is a prize in Bombchu Bolling Alley in Castle Town, the other is from the big rolling goron in Goron City)
Both are in the spider house. First upgrade is for 10 gold skulltulas defeated, second is for 30.

Masks replaced Zelda's letter of introduction in the original, I'm sure they do this time around too.
Yeah, it's awesome. Just like the Link's Awakening and the Oracles. :)

Haven't been in it yet.

*glares*

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:07 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TIme 3D
Banned

Lol like I spoiled it. You have to see it.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:44 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Silver Member

Whoa! A new item! This wasn't in the other OoT iterations! "shard of agony" :D
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:20 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Shadow Hacker

Replaces the Stone of Agony (which was shaped like an N64 Rumble Pak)

Also, I just got the Heart Piece from the Heart-Pounding Gravedigging Tour on my first try! :D

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:08 am   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Silver Member

Link Master wrote:
Also, I just got the Heart Piece from the Heart-Pounding Gravedigging Tour on my first try! :D

You bastard! I wasted 230 rupees on that and didn't get anything yet.

Last night I got my Goron Tunic, wore it through Forest Temple, then got Epona. I have 10 hearts now, the biggest wallet (killed 31 gold skultulas), and gave the keaton mask to the guard.
I have no idea who this skull mask goes to... I /thought/ it was the grave yard kid but that must be a different one...
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:45 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Shadow Hacker

The Skull Mask goes to the lone skull kid in the Lost Woods (the one who gives you a piece of heart for playing Saria's Song). The Spooky Mask goes to the kid in the graveyard.

IMPORTANT: Wear the Skull Mask in the Forest Stage while you're there, before giving it to skull kid.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:09 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Silver Member

Link Master wrote:
IMPORTANT: Wear the Skull Mask in the Forest Stage while you're there, before giving it to skull kid.
What? Why? Where exactly? Huh?
All serious questions.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:47 pm   Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Shadow Hacker

There's a place in the Lost Woods with two Business Scrubs, and a patch of soft soil. In the tall grass at the back there's a hole in the ground. That's the Forest Stage. Wearing the Skull Mask and the Mask of Truth in that room will give you a Deku Nut upgrade and Deku Stick upgrade. If you do the Mask of Truth First though, then getting the one for the Skull Mask becomes difficult, as they'll usually attack you instead.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW