Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:26 pm

New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:04 pm   Post subject: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Ice Climber (50-100)

I looked up zelda things on wikipedia and it said that Nintendo is working on a zelda game for the wii. There was one picture and thats all i rememeber from it...

heres the page: (Its about halfway down the page)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend ... da_(series)#Games

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/ ... _Raxby.png
Top Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:08 pm   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Giant Member (200-250)

Location: between a location close enough to kill you and the edge of the universe
really old news........
hopefully the game will be quite different than the others*looks at combat and dungeons*,and the story could be less mario-esque(princess in trouble,go save her,beat bad guy up,bad guy comes back in later game)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:42 pm   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

This is new to me.

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:53 pm   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
Quote:
Untitled Wii game (Wii: 2010)
Promo artwork from E3 2009.

In April 2008, Miyamoto stated that "the Zelda team is forming again to work on new games".[49] Miyamoto clarified in July that the Zelda team has been working on a new Zelda game for the Wii.[50] Issue 37 of the British Official Nintendo Magazine points out that "the teams [are] still in the planning stages" and that "we wouldn't expect to see or hear anything more until the E3 event next summer at the earliest" and that "even that may be optimistic". The magazine says that "we WILL know something in 2009 [about the title]".[51] However, a title for the new game was not announced at E3 2009, though limited information was given: the new Zelda game would appear in 2010 at the earliest, and would perhaps use Wii MotionPlus. New concept art shows an adult Link standing back to back with a mysterious figure holding only a shield looking back. Another notable point about the picture is that Link isn't holding a sword. Shigeru Miyamoto pointed this out during an interview, but when he was asked if Link was going to lose his Master Sword, he laughed and said he couldn't say anything yet. Miyamoto specifically explained that the team was still experimenting with different gameplay and dungeon designs, and preferred to spend time focusing on the game instead of creating a demo or video to show.

For convenience.

Last edited by mikehippop on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:42 pm   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Shadow Hacker

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... E32009.jpg

It's a living Master Sword. What's up with that?

Edit:
Quote:
The creators maintain that the series has a set timeline, however due to debates over the available information the timeline continues to be disputed. Miyamoto stated in a 2003 interview that there is a master document detailing the timeline.[53] Eiji Aonuma has also stated in a July 2007 video interview that there is such a document on his PC, and that this document is considered confidential.[54] According to this interview, development of a Zelda title can commence without the team knowing in advance where exactly the title will fit into the timeline; but by the time the title is finished, its placement in the timeline will be determined.

So there is a set timeline. Shiggy's been holding out on us!

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:02 am   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Giant Member (200-250)

Location: between a location close enough to kill you and the edge of the universe
the "living mastersword" is only a rumor *as far as we know ;)*

also,about the timeline......i knew there was one long ago......shame on you lm

Last edited by stephan on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:03 am   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Fire In My Hole

I have a real life living mastersword right here baby
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:52 am   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Shadow Hacker

Well of course there's a timeline, they've just never officially been tied together aside from the obvious. (OOT > MM, etc.)

Anyway: http://wzmrradio.com/images/news/speculation.jpg
If that's not supposed to be/represent the Master Sword, then Link's gonna be boxing his enemies to death instead of cutting them into tiny pieces.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:45 am   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Silver Member

I must admit, I didn't notice that on my own but I'd be completely surprised if that guess turned out to be wrong.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:59 am   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Giant Member (200-250)

Link Master wrote:
Well of course there's a timeline, they've just never officially been tied together aside from the obvious. (OOT > MM, etc.)

Anyway: http://wzmrradio.com/images/news/speculation.jpg
If that's not supposed to be/represent the Master Sword, then Link's gonna be boxing his enemies to death instead of cutting them into tiny pieces.

well can you see his other arm?no....plus its an early picture

the storyline is more than just ooc>mm at first]glance....though you guys probably know more than me,i think i at least know the place of 5 of those games,probably more(i only own oracle of seasons,rented & partly beat ww,and the same with tp,but further sinse i occasionally have rented it for homebrew purposes lol)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:08 am   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Banned

I wanna see link pick her up by the legs and swing her at some moblins.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:10 am   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Silver Member

I wanna see Link take her out of the sheath. :o
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:11 am   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Banned

Master Sword boobies!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:33 am   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Shadow Hacker

stephan wrote:
well can you see his other arm?

Yes. One has a shield in it, the other is empty.

stephan wrote:
the storyline is more than just ooc>mm

That was only one example of what we know for sure. That's why I put etc.

The only timeline(s) we know for certain is OOT > MM > TP > WW and ALTTP > LOZ > AOL. We also know that OOT is supposed to be the first in the timeline. I also personally believe that LA comes directly after OOA/OOS (he's in a ship trying to find his way back to Hyrule in the beginning of LA, and at the end of a linked OOA/OOS game, he leaves for Hyrule in an identical ship), and that ALTTP comes after FSA (if the Four Swords series are cannon and not just spinoffs) as that's the game where Ganon(dorf) gets his trident.

Another thing I noticed/believe is that Ganon(dorf) is slowly turning into the pig like form from the original games over the timeline of the series. In OOT he has a normal figure, in WW he's kind of bulky looking. TP, which takes place between OOT and WW, is a mix between the two. It's been said from the very start that the pig like form he takes is due to the Triforce of Power reflecting his inner self (which is power hungry), and not a form he chose nor is it his original form. They never said when or how long it took to happen though, so I beleive that it's a gradual change over time, probably hundreds of years.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:36 am   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Giant Member (200-250)

LMAO!!!

the b00b13s will be sharp & cold

also tp & ww are split timelines,not together.....thats one of the obvious ones

damn.....i just noticed my post count changed to 138.....
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:42 am   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Shadow Hacker

stephan wrote:

All the Zelda games are tied together in one timeline, that is the order of those two. TP takes place between MM and WW. I never said they directly transition into each other like OOT and MM do.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:54 am   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Giant Member (200-250)

Link Master wrote:
stephan wrote:

All the Zelda games are tied together in one timeline, that is the order of those two. TP takes place between MM and WW. I never said they directly transition into each other like OOT and MM do.

no their not,they are parallel eiji aonuma(is that right?) even said so in an interview
even wikipedia has that

Last edited by stephan on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:55 am   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Banned

Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass are also directly linked.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:03 pm   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Ice Climber (50-100)

hmm, well how about Spirit Tracks then? plus theres like million's of theories on the timeline. I never really thought that there was a timeline (this was a LOOONNNNGGG time ago) i just liked playing the games. Now, I know and I just look on the internet and just hope its right

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/ ... _Raxby.png
Top Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:21 am   Post subject: Re: New "Legend of Zelda" for the Wii...?
Shadow Hacker

Yadao wrote:
Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass are also directly linked.

I know, I forgot about PH when I posted. Didn't have time to correct it this morning.

stephan wrote:
no their not,they are parallel eiji aonuma(is that right?) even said so in an interview

Miyamoto, creater of the The Legend of Zelda, says otherwise. I choose to beleive him.

stephan wrote:
even wikipedia has that

Then wikipedia is wrong, which isn't surprising considering the fact that it's all user based information.

OOT starts the timeline. MM takes place about 6 months after OOT. TP takes place about 100 years after MM. WW takes place even further in the future. PH takes place directly after WW. ST most likely will take place some time after PH.

The only time parallelity comes into play in Zelda is Termina, which is in an alternate parallel dimension to Hyrule.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW