Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Wii and import games

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Wii and import games

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:42 pm   Post subject: Wii and import games
Fire In My Hole

Its rare I post here, but unfortunately I need help. With Nintendo's <censored> decision not to release Fatal Frame outside of Japan, I need a way to play it. Importing its the easy part, playing it isnt thanks to Nintendo. Is it still possible to play imports on the Wii now? I have no idea what my firmware is, I just know there was another forced system update that came with Broken Sword, so whatever that was.

From reading Datels page, freeloader doesnt work now. Would my best option be just importing a Japanese Wii? Whats your thoughts, suggestions guys.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:02 am   Post subject: Re: Wii and import games
Shadow Hacker

You'll probably have to import a Japanese Wii.

Moved to Planet Nintendo.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:03 am   Post subject: Re: Wii and import games
Fire In My Hole

Well thats a load of <censored>
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:15 am   Post subject: Re: Wii and import games
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

Check the firmware by:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+check+wiis+firmware

If its 4.0, then you're screwed, If not I think you can jailbreak it (hack it) and add a program that makes it region free.

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:11 am   Post subject: Re: Wii and import games
Fire In My Hole

3.4E
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:16 am   Post subject: Re: Wii and import games
Silver Member

You'll need an SD Card (and an sd card reader to use the it on your computer) and Twilight Princess for Wii.

Use the Twilight Hack for 3.4 to install The HomeBrew Channel. Then simply load the Apps Package onto your sd card (includes Gecko Region Free- which is what you want) and you're set! :)

If none of those links work, they're all right here.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii and import games
Silver Member

Also- if you get 4.0, there is a hack coming that uses an exploit in the SD Card menu.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:19 am   Post subject: Re: Wii and import games
Fire In My Hole

Well I ordered the game off ebay atleast. Its not actually called Fatal Frame in Japan, its called New Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen (you can see how I made a mistake), so I just need something to play it when it eventually arrives. >_<
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii and import games
Gold Member

I thought Fatal Frame 4 was being released in Europe. Do you have a U.S. Wii?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii and import games
Fire In My Hole

Its not being released in the states or Europe. So I'd need a Japanese Wii atleast. I have a PAL Wii.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii and import games
Gold Member

I'm finding conflicting reports online. I don't see the game at game.co.uk or Amazon UK, but there is this story about it showing up in an Italian GameStop database as "Zero: A Japanese Ghost Story." Also there's at least one person who says he's already preordered it in Italy.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:13 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii and import games
Fire In My Hole

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6207767.html
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii and import games
Gold Member

Yamishira wrote:
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6207767.html

And there are magazine ads for the game, as well. Hmmm. For me, I'd only buy it if they fixed the controls to make the flashlight controllable with the Wiimote and making turning not based on motions, anyways. Have you heard about Silent Hill: Shattered Memories? That game knows how to use a flashlight on Wii. :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Wii and import games
Fire In My Hole

Yes. Im a huge fan of SH in general. I'm hoping if this sells well enough, they will remake 2 aswell (which is widely known as the best in the series)
Top Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:38 am   Post subject: Re: Wii and import games
Fire In My Hole

I got the game working ftw
Top Profile