Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Dead Rising

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:10 pm

Dead Rising

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:00 pm   Post subject: Dead Rising
Fire In My Hole

Heres another topic I'll make that probabally wont get any replies, but anyway DEAD RISING. Any of you cool cats going to be getting this?

I have it on Xbox 360, and let me tell you, your in for a treat. Though Im puzzled how Capcom are going to pull this game off.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:50 pm   Post subject:
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
It's coming to Wii o_O?!!?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:58 pm   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Yes
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:15 pm   Post subject:
Super Smash Member (350-400)

Sounds like a good idea.
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:50 pm   Post subject:
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
Yamishira wrote:

Sweet.....I might trade in my 360 version for it if it's good enough.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:33 pm   Post subject:
The Kirbster

Its Japan only for now :(. I might import though since the HBC has the progs for it and stuff so I might be able to play it.
I am Kirby's #1 fan
Hyrule Temple Kirby Master of the SSBM Masters Club!
Proud owner of SSBM version 1.1
Current Project: Kirby and Sonic's Adventure 20% Completed
Kerrigan: Now ARC, don't you eat this pieeeeeeee!
Top Profile E-mail WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:02 pm   Post subject:
Silver Member

Kirby is cool wrote:
Its Japan only for now :(. I might import though since the HBC has the progs for it and stuff so I might be able to play it.

They'll probably eventually port it to the other countries... Capcom always announces Japan only and then turns around and ports it to the other countries later.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:21 pm   Post subject:
Iron Member

I'm importing either way. It's just that awesome.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Dead Rising
Gold Member

I'm pumped about Dead Rising: Chop 'Til You Drop. It's based off of the RE4 engine and is another step toward Capcom using that engine (or an improved mod of it) to bring another RE4 or a port of RE5 to the Wii. :)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Dead Rising
Triforce Bearer

donny2112 wrote:
I'm pumped about Dead Rising: Chop 'Til You Drop. It's based off of the RE4 engine and is another step toward Capcom using that engine (or an improved mod of it) to bring another RE4 or a port of RE5 to the Wii. :)

Yup.
But I don't know if you heard, there are going to be changes for the Wii version. More good ones than bad ones.
Nevertheless, I'm still getting it.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Dead Rising
Fire In My Hole

This be out next week. I'll post up some vids when I get a chance.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:08 am   Post subject: Re: Dead Rising
Giant Member (200-250)

Location: between a location close enough to kill you and the edge of the universe
im still wondering why they took out the jumping in the wii version.....nothing big(i think)....but it just doesnt seem like something they should bother taking out
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:17 pm   Post subject: Re: Dead Rising
Triforce Bearer

stephan wrote:
im still wondering why they took out the jumping in the wii version.....nothing big(i think)....but it just doesnt seem like something they should bother taking out

Lack of buttons??
Oh well, it better be good.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Dead Rising
Fire In My Hole

I think this title will be good just aslong as you HAVENT played the 360 version. Graphically they've done well with what they had to work with, but enemy numbers are way WAY down, and the pop in zombies just look awful. It just doesnt look the same. Aslong as its fun though, and I can atleast blast afew zombies here and there, and nothings been cut its all good.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:26 am   Post subject: Re: Dead Rising
Fire In My Hole

So heres my opinions. I will try and be fair, but I obviously have to compare the 360 version.

Graphics - Pro's

Graphically the game is excellent. Capcom has done a fairly decent job of rendering Willamette Mall on the Wii. Character models look great, as do the zombies aswell. Framerate seems decent, and I havent seen any serious problems.

The new enemies (poodle, and parrots) look abit crappy though I have to say.

Graphics - Con's

The first complaint I had was cutscenes. Their pre-rendered from the 360 version. So any changes you make to Franks look arent reflected, this is REALLY saddening.

The problem also with using pre-rendered scenes from the 360 version is there is obviously a difference in how the game looks, something you have to live with I guess.

Sound - Pro's

The sound is actually better than the 360, with the various Willamette Mall songs, and various battle themes playing throughout (instead of the eery silence in the 360 version). Zombie moans and groans are all there aswell.

Sound - Con's

Couldnt really notice anything. Guess it depends if you liked the 360 versions soundtrack.

Gameplay

This is where DR has changed the most, in how the game plays. The game is using RE4's game engine, with afew tweaks here, and there. Not only that though, the whole structure of the game has been changed. With Capcom choosing to eliminate alot of the frustration that came with the 360 version, but on the other hand removing alot of the freedom players had in completing the game.

Pro's

Missions can now be easily accessed from Otis in the Security Room. So now theres no random calls from him saying to goto X location before Y time approaches. You can do these whenever you want.

Time doesnt pass the sameway either. In the 360 version time was always moving forward, with this time moves forwards with specific events (doing missions etc).

Although Capcom couldnt display the 200 or so zombies the 360 version did, its made a great job and making the zombies "pop in" and giving the illusion the mall is overrun. The zombies are also alot more aggressive now, and with the removed ability to jump, and the harder aiming system, it makes the game more challenging.

A welcome improvement also comes from diffculty. Alot of people felt the 360 version was too difficult unless you where high level. Thankfully Capcom give you the option now of Easy, Normal, and Hard Mode. Which basically alters enemy strengths, making it much more accessible to everyone.

Levelling Frank is still the same, with killing zombies, saving NPC's and solving cases being the way to go. Sadly without the camera its a little bit tougher to get PP.

Con's

With the altered gameplay comes problems.

Because this is using the RE4 engine, you cannot jump. This is pretty absurd considering how the mall is set out. It also removes alot of exploration from the game. To be Frank (lol) its just lazy.

Capcom have also decided to make the odd decision of barring certain paths in the mall off. This doesnt really make the game anymore enjoyable and just limits your freedom yet again, and makes for a frustrating experience.

The poodle and Parrots are extremely annoying, and too frequent. Plus I hate the aiming, but thats more of a problem I have.

The camera is now completely removed. Which is absurd yet again considering Frank is a damn reporter, and the camera was such a nice tool in the 360 version. It again stinks of lazyness.

With the changed structure to missions, its now removed alot of freedom that the game had. The basic problem being you HAVE to do missions, and you HAVE to to do the story. In the 360 version you could just sit there till the chopper arrives and get different endings. In this you cant.

This isnt RE4, its Dead Rising. Its incredibly stupid that they chose to use the RE engine for this. They also have most of the weapons too, its all abit weird.

Overall

Its a valant effort, graphically its all there. Although theres alot of gameplay fixes, it feels incomplete due to the missing elements, and has lost the freedom somewhat of what you can do.

Last edited by Yamishira on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Dead Rising
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

Question, you said they took out the jump ability, does this mean there's no flying awesome kicks?

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Dead Rising
Fire In My Hole

Not from what I can tell. The only thing I could do is shoot the zombies in the head (stun) then tackle them. Maybe its unlocked at a certain level.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:52 am   Post subject: Re: Dead Rising
Fire In My Hole

The games getting more and more frustrating as I play, and Im finding more and more content removed.

Jo from what I can tell is now gone, atleast in Human Boss form. I guess the whole raping woman with her truncheon thing was too much for Wii and they totally removed that encounter. Shes now just an annoying character that appears constantly over, and over, and OVER, AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

The convicts dont seem to be in it either, Im guessing though they may become zombies aswell. That dude with the 2 machettes is a constant zombie aswell who just keeps slashing you down. Theres also a guy that throws explosives at you aswell.

So to recap, we have Zombie Jo, Zombie Machette guy, Zombie bomb thrower, the bloody poodles, the Parrots (who now drop bombs) all chasing you constantly. Wow that wont be the least bit annoying.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:46 am   Post subject: Re: Dead Rising
Fire In My Hole

Finally beat it lastnight. Got the "oddjobs" minigame, and the Chicago Typewriter :roll:
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Dead Rising
Gold Member

Is the Typewriter the same as in RE4?

I plan on picking this up after some price drops, but I do like that Capcom is reusing the RE4 engine on Wii.