Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:52 am

What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1051 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:52 am   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Master Poster (800-999)

Insidious (2010): 9/10

Now, I'm a genre-savvy fellow, which in turn ruins a lot of horror movies for me. I'm more of a comedy person in that aspect. This movie adhered to a lot of cliches horror movies tend to subject to, and some parts even made me giggle a little. The closest thing to a "Big Bad" the movie had was a demon from hell but they didn't really emphasize his role that much, just in knowing he captured a little boy and for some reason had a house full of puppets. I guess demons have a thing for wooden boys? He also looked like Darth Maul and The Joker did fusion
"A Match made in Heaven"
Anyway, none of that made it any less enjoyable as a movie.

The ending was sort of a twist to me, in the sense that I expected that outcome from the beginning but they pulled it on a different character. Yes good stuff. If you haven't seen it yet I totally recommend it.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:25 pm   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Shadow Hacker

The Avengers
9.8/10

Puny god

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:51 pm   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Silver Member

9.9/10 Avengers
<3
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:43 pm   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Silver Member

Dark Shadows - 5.4/10

It wasn't a *bad* movie... it was just really really slow and there wasn't much to it. And then there was a bit of lame towards the end too.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:23 pm   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Silver Member

The Dictator

4/10

Kind of expected it to be dumb. It was, but a couple of things made me laugh.
Surprise Edward Norton cameo was a funny 7 seconds though! :D
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:16 am   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Silver Member

Just got back from watching 2 movies--

Men In Black 3: Very good movie! I didn't expect to care for it much, but it really was good! 8.5/10
Battleship: I expected this to suck, I was wrong! AWESOME movie! Liked it a lot. 8.7/10
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:14 am   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Silver Member

Drive http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780504/
Good movie, there's not much dialog but the emotion carries the scenes. It's neat. 8/10

Snow White and the Huntsman
Pretty good movie- better than I would have expected. Got a little tiny bit boring for a bit. 6.8/10
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:33 am   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Silver Member

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World was a good movie. Really enjoyed it. 9.7/10

That's My Boy - was okay. Typical humor for his movies. 6/10
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:55 pm   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Silver Member

abe lincoln vampire hunter

You have to be able to put up with a handful of pretty absurdly, indifferently unrealistic scenes to get through this one but it's not horrible if you do.
Small handful of awesome scenes too though.
I wouldn't bother going to the theater for this one if you haven't already.
4.8/10
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:42 am   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Silver Member

Ted
8/10

Hilarious, really liked it. Got a bit slow for a min because it has the typical relationship story.
I went with 3 guys from work though so my rating is possibly skewed since it's more hilarious in a group.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:48 am   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Shadow Hacker

The Amazing Spider-Man
AMAZING/10

Scientific Parker? Check
Wise cracking Spider-Man? Check
Sweet usage of web-shooters? Check

This movie was awesome.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:12 pm   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Silver Member

wtf I thought it came out friday???
AAAHHH turtle shit!
I'm going later today now! Hooray doing something on a holiday!
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Shadow Hacker

Yesterday, actually. :P

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:50 pm   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Silver Member

Take this opinion with a large grain of salt because there were to young girls that I wanted grab by their throats and throw them into the shitty seat area at the front. They talked the ENTIRE MOVIE. No adults were with them. Completely bullshit.

Anyway. It was better than spider man 3 by a lot (and I like andrew garfield as an actor) buuut.... I dunno.. there was..
fuck it, little girls ruined it. My opinion is not fair yet.

Will rewatch at the other theater.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:16 pm   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Shadow Hacker

I would have had them thrown out. =/

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:40 pm   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Silver Member

And I would have encouraged you to. But I miss less of the movie by not getting up to do that.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:07 am   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Silver Member

Okay, watched it again and still don't like it.
5.8/10

Spoilers:

1) washed out through the sewers and then he gasped and breathed heavily/rapidly through his soaking wet mask with no trouble. STUPID. There is no reason he should have left the mask on and absurd that they didn't consider wet cloth over your face is A FORM OF TORTURE FOR A REASON.

2) He never tells Guinn that the doctor is the giant lizard and then they talk casually about how he's responsible for giving up the equation that helped turn her boss into it. WHAT.
There needed to be reaction from her to it. So dumb.

3) The humor they tried to force a few time (like the car burglar scene) is just not funny. Lines like those need facial expressions to deliver and even then... ehh...

4) The crane scene towards the end when he misses the first one then LITTERALLY OUT OF NOWHERE a new one is there to pull him up. I mean fuckin seriously, there was a huge overview of the street half a second before that shows well in front of the FIRST crane that the heli spotlights. THERE WAS NO CRANE BEFORE IT AND NO CABLES IN THE SHOT AS IT PANNED DOWN WHEN HE FELL.
Dumb. As. Hell.

5) Also in that crane scene- what the fuck?
5.1 - Crane people don't work in the middle of the fucking night
5.2 - Nobody (let alone 5 or 6 people) would rush into work (IN UNDER 5 MIN) because a fellow crane operator has a friend who's kid was saved by spiderman.
5.3 - One tiny back and forth in an argument is NOT enough for that amount of sudden support for spiderman. If there was an obvious feeling of public support throughout the movie, the crane scene should have been longer with people getting texts and running up to help... with or without the stupid hardhats they still had on in the middle of the night......

6) Guinn calls him spiderman when she whispers to him long before the bridge scene when he has to stop and think of a name for himself when the dad of the saved kid asked. LAME (I am NOT talking about the scene she calls him "bug boy" later in the movie)

7) Why was there no funeral for Uncle Ben? Why didn't Guinn go to that funeral and make Peter "missing" her dad's funeral be even more sad? FAIL FAIL FAIL

8) What the hell is with all the shit cgi lizards in new york city?
One tiny scene would have made that awesome and understandable. Just show the Dr looking at a ton of them in the lab and maybe even show him bringing them to the sewer.
BUT NOPE
He didn't do that and he's not responsible for them. The first lizard is one the Dr sees in the sewer which makes him have the idea to set up base there.

This movie is horribly done. I really like some of it though- especially where it differs from the last series of them. But overall... Shit.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:55 pm   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Shadow Hacker

James0x57 wrote:
3) The humor they tried to force a few time (like the car burglar scene) is just not funny. Lines like those need facial expressions to deliver and even then... ehh...

I disagree. I found said moments very funny, especially the one described. And they weren't forced in any case. Spider-Man is supposed to be a wise cracker, and it's about damn time they brought that side of him back. It's also about time they brought back the scientific side of Parker.

James0x57 wrote:
4) The crane scene towards the end when he misses the first one then LITTERALLY OUT OF NOWHERE a new one is there to pull him up. I mean fuckin seriously, there was a huge overview of the street half a second before that shows well in front of the FIRST crane that the heli spotlights. THERE WAS NO CRANE BEFORE IT AND NO CABLES IN THE SHOT AS IT PANNED DOWN WHEN HE FELL.
Dumb. As. Hell.

I'm not even sure what you're saying here. When I watched it, I saw him land on the load being carried by the crane he missed, which was a steel girder. I didn't notice a new crane come out of anywhere. =/

Eh, I had a few minor complaints too, but overall I really enjoyed the movie.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:44 pm   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Banned

Busty Babe Cumpilation 2012 - 7/10

The build up was great but the finale petered out.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:38 am   Post subject: Re: What Movies/DVDs have you seen lately?
Silver Member

To Rome With Love
- This movie is very unusual but I did enjoy it. I love Ellen Page and Jesse Eisenberg though, so that helped. Don't really know how to rate it because it's so different like a good independent film.

Also, last night, I went to the Batman marathon with the new one playing at midnight. It was a lot of fun and the new one was awesome. Very much liked it. Probably will rate when I go see it again.
Top Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1051 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next