Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Windows 7 tweaks

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Windows 7 tweaks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:30 pm   Post subject: Windows 7 tweaks
Shadow Hacker

Anyone have any idea how to remove the command bar from windows explorer? I know it can be done, and google has failed me.

I'd also like my menu bar placed above my address bar. It's easy enough to do in Internet Explorer, but I've had no luck in finding a way to do it in Windows Explorer.

One last thing. The menu items on the right side of the start menu, like documents, control panel etc., is there any way to add your own options? I've decided to get rid of my desktop shortcut icons for folders, and I'd like to be able to add my ROMs folder to that list (along with Documents, Pictures, Music, and Videos, which are already there).

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Crazy Poster (650-800)

Hah hah!

(I'm still running XP. You know-- the good one.)
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Shadow Hacker

I quite like Windows 7, after changing a few things anyway. If I could find a way to do at least the first thing in my post, then I would love it.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:38 am   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Silver Member

You should circle it in screenshots; I have no idea what you're talking about......
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:00 am   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
Smash it with a hammer. It will be super effective.

*Also needs screenshots*
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:01 am   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Shadow Hacker

I don't care about the last two anymore, I just wand the command bar removed. It's also called the folder band.

Attachment:
Untitled.png [187.27 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:10 am   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Silver Member

Oh that. Yeah that is pretty useless compared to how much space it takes.
No idea how to help. srry
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Shadow Hacker

Aaaand done, command bar is now removed. I love Windows 7. =)

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Silver Member

Why do so many wankers start a thread looking for help, post that they figure it out, and then not tell everyone else (who might have found the thread from searching) how to do it?
*smacks* :P
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Banned

Cause' once they figure it out, they get all happy and go wank to it.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Shadow Hacker

Because I did it while not at home, in a not so comfortable typing position. :P
'Sides, I still had other questions up there too, so it's not like I left.

Anyway, I had already found the solution before I even started the topic, I just couldn't get it to work (was hoping there was another way to do it, like registry edits, or maybe I was doing something wrong). You have to edit a .dll using a resource hacker, and I couldn't get reshack to actually open it. Had to find the 64-bit version, which I couldn't find before (every link google gave me was broken or out of date).

To auto-hide or remove the command bar/folder band in Windows Explorer:
http://www.askvg.com/how-to-make-folder ... ows-vista/

Now that I've gotten it removed for Windows Explorer, I need to.... remove it in Windows Media Player. lol

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Silver Member

Use Winamp. It's 1000x better than WMP12. I _hate_ that wmp always opens up the visualizer without you clicking on it. I prefer to stay in the big editing window. Super annoying. But that's not even all it messes up; there are other frustrating UI bugs I ran into a few times too.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Crazy Poster (650-800)

VLC

/thread
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Silver Member

VLC for video, yes. Winamp for music.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 am   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Shadow Hacker

Anyone know of a way to either remove shortcut icons from specific shortcuts, or from desktop shortcuts only?

I have found several ways to remove shortcut icons, but it's system wide, which I don't want. I only want them removed from my desktop shortcuts.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Silver Member

No idea.

Closest thing I could find:
http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-view- ... s-7-vista/

Other than that, I'm pretty sure you can ctrl+scroll with the desktop selected to change the size of the icons on Win 7..
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Shadow Hacker

Sorry, I wasn't very clear there. I meant remove the arrow from shortcut icons, but only the ones on the desktop.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:27 am   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Banned

I've always wanted to do this, but never came across a way to.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:55 am   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3606-shortcut-arrow-change-remove-restore.html
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Windows 7 tweaks
Shadow Hacker

I've already found that page several times. It removes it from all shortcuts, I only want the ones on my desktop to be affected.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW