Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - A Good Computer?

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:35 am

A Good Computer?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:02 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
Link Master wrote:
Edit: Forgot to mention. They offered me $30, then $40, then finally $50 back to not cancel my order. Tempting, but these new specs are so worth it.

Very interesting.......
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:21 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Silver Member

mikehippop wrote:
Link Master wrote:
Edit: Forgot to mention. They offered me $30, then $40, then finally $50 back to not cancel my order. Tempting, but these new specs are so worth it.

Very interesting.......
Agreed....

Nice sounding laptop there, LM! I'll post my laptop specs when I get home. I'm curious how they stack up.

I didn't go for the geared-towards-gaming laptop with the 128mb reserved video RAM.. but hopefully I'll still be able to play Portal 2... >.>
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:34 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

The laptop I ordered—with base specs mind you, no upgrades aside from the two free ones, which were for memory and hard drive—is actually HP's lowest tiered high performance laptop. :P

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:37 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Crazy Poster (650-800)

James0x57 wrote:
mikehippop wrote:
Link Master wrote:

Very interesting.......
Agreed....

Nice sounding laptop there, LM! I'll post my laptop specs when I get home. I'm curious how they stack up.

I didn't go for the geared-towards-gaming laptop with the 128mb reserved video RAM.. but hopefully I'll still be able to play Portal 2 and Bioshock Infinite when it comes out on Steam... >.>

FIXED
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:33 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

So I called HP yesterday to set up the return, and they went ahead and canceled the laptop, but told me I need to call back after I receive the carrying case and mouse so I can set up the return for those, and get the shipping labels for them. Well, they arrived today, and I called back, and the refund was set up, but this time (different person) they told me that I could keep the case and mouse. Something to do with UPS and not accepting them or something? I dunno, but either way, I'm still getting the full refund for them, and I get to keep them as well. How very strange you are HP...

Kinda sucks though, cause I already ordered the same mouse off Amazon (cheaper too). But hey, I still got free stuffs. :P

Edit: I'm still not gonna open up the box just yet though, at least not until I've received both refunds. For all I know, someone else might say that I do have to return them after all, and I don't wanna get screwed out of my refund, especially when I already ordered the mouse off Amazon, and the carrying case is too small for the new laptop I ordered.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:00 am   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Banned

I bought a laptop with amazing gaming specs and I barely play games on it (played L4D1 on steam a couple times and Modern Warfare for like 5 minutes). What a waste? Well, I do use it to record and edit HD video files, but it's a bit overkill just for that.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:31 am   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
Solution:

1. Acquire more games.
2. Play said games.
3. Make HD recordings of your gameplay.
4. Do this while traveling and/or having sex.
5. ????
6. PROFIT!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:21 am   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Silver Member

The "????" can almost always be "film it"
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:10 am   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Iron Member

Indeed
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:59 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Crazy Poster (650-800)

IM IN UR FORUM, HIJACKING UR TOPIC!!!!!

So my netbook EEE PC 1005HA, that just died. For crying out loud, this is the 3rd one in 3 years!

We tried to boot Linux on it off of a USB, but nothing happened, and it is just completely dead.

Gives me some message about boot devices, and just stays on a black screen.

Does anyone know of a good portable, durable computer? I'm not looking for power, (Tho it would be nice) just something that I can type, and play some old games on.

Any ideas?
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:12 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

The computer I just got is awesome, but it has more power than what you're looking for. Not like that's a bad thing though. :P
Either way, I suggest HP.

Cheapest HP laptop (lowest tier netbook, does not have an optical drive)

Edit: Hey, 0x57... where's those specs you promised? >.>

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:20 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Crazy Poster (650-800)

Ooh, looks good. I'll keep that one in mind. 250 gigs of space, 1-2 gigs of RAM, looks pretty good. battery life is a bit low, but I can deal with that. Bleh to Windows 7, but I might throw Linux on there. Thanks, thats definitly a possibility, Depends on how durable it is. :)
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:23 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

A big downside I just noticed though, is that it's Windows 7 Starter, and it won't let you upgrade to Home. Starter is a piece of shit.

Edit: The next laptop down allows you to upgrade though. Price for it with upgrade is $364.99.

Edit: Oh, well if you do Linux then it won't matter. lol

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:00 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Silver Member

Link Master wrote:
Edit: Hey, 0x57... where's those specs you promised? >.>

Completely forgot!
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:14 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

Well you better unforget! *shanks*
lol

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:35 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Master Poster (800-999)

If you want a desktop, I'd suggest building one. It's easy, just order the parts and put it together, like a puzzle.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:49 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Crazy Poster (650-800)

I would, but I'm replacing for a portable computer
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:03 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Silver Member

via start>run> dxdiag.exe

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model: U52F
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/30/09 15:13:23 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3884MB RAM
Page File: 2339MB used, 5427MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Display Memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Total Space: 590.5 GB
File System: NTFS
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:06 am   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

A lot of our specs are the same, but you have some stuff that's better than mine, namely the processor.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:37 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

=D Just ordered a new PC.

Specs are:

Intel i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz
4GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600Mhz

5x 1TB Drives in RAID5. (4TB Usable)

2GB AMD 5970 Might be going in too, to power the 2560x1600 beast monitor.

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next