Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - A Good Computer?

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:30 am

A Good Computer?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:35 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
Hitler wrote:
Yadao wrote:
Well, LM, Hitler, Drew Carey... aren't they all the same person anyway? :P

I object to this.

You would..... -_-
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:55 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
1 - Time Poster

Hitler wrote:
I object to this.

QFT man
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:57 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Crazy Poster (650-800)

lolololol
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:01 am   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

Just sos you know, I didn't make that account.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:02 am   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
LIES!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:47 am   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Banned

So sith is Drew Carey, and Drew Carey is LM, and LM is Hitler, So LM is sith who is also Hitler?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:41 am   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Crazy Poster (650-800)

OF COURSE! IT ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE!
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:03 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

No, really, I didn't. It was already there.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:17 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Iron Member

Whatever do you mean? >.>
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:57 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

*hi-jacks topic*

I have decided to get a netbook, and found two of them I like. I'm not sure which one I should get though. The first one is a netbook, the second one is a laptop. Neither of them have an optical drive. Which one looks like a better deal? Also, which one has the better processor?

Customized HP Mini 210 series
Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor N475 (1.83 GHz, 512KB L2)
Graphics: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
Memory: 2GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
Hard drive: 250GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Primary battery: 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery - Up to 10.75 hours of battery life
Display: 10.1" diagonal WSVGA HP BrightView Infinity LED Display (1024 x 600)
Price: $424.99

Customized HP Pavilion dm1z series
Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) II Neo K125 (1.7GHz, 1M L2 cache)
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4225 Graphics
Memory: 3GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
Hard drive: 320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
Primary battery: 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.0 hours of battery life
Display: 11.6" diagonal HD LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1366 x 768)
Price: $449.99

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:14 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Crazy Poster (650-800)

Well, I have no idea about the processor, but it depends on what you want it to do. I am typing on my ASUS EEE PC netbook, which is fairly good for basic notetaking+ simple stuff like that, and it was fairly cheep.

I guess for gaming the laptop is the way to go, but if you just want something light and simple go with the netbook.

Also: Window 7? *cringes* Not that I hate it or anything, I just liked XP better. I dunno why.

I assume that the Customized HP Pavilion dm1z series is the laptop? Its not much more expensive than the newtbook, plus its 64 bit, so you can put more than 4 gigs of RAM in it. It has less battery life, but 5 hours is still pretty good.

I would get the laptop--seems like a good all-around computer and its only $30 more. Since I am not a professional (I'm a teenager xD) I would say make your own choice, because it really depends on what you want it to do.
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:27 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

I just want a small but powerful computer I can take on the go. At the very least, I want it to be able to play minecraft (which I've decided to get) without any issues. I also want to be able to watch videos on it, both in WMP and streamed on the internet, without any lag what-so-ever.

The laptop has a better operating system, a better screen, and I think a better graphics controller for only $25 more than the netbook, but it's ugly. The netbook on the other hand looks real nice, and I think it has a better processor. Either way, I don't think either of them can run Starcraft II properly, but that's fine. As long as I can play minecraft, and watch videos/browse the web without any hiccups, it'll be good enough. Also, I recently got a facebook account to play Project Legacy, which won't work for shit on my computer. I want that to run like a dream as well.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:43 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Crazy Poster (650-800)

I have no clue what project legacy is, but Minecraft should run fine. And Starcraft II should run on the laptop--it runs at like 8 FPS on my netbook. You'd have to check out the Specs tho--I think their are websites where you can check if it will run.
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:01 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

I used system requirements lab to check the minimum specs for Stafcraft II, and neither of them meet it. You can still run a game without meeting minimum requirements, it just won't run well. For instance, I can run Doom 3 on this computer, it just lags worse than hell, and the graphics are a bit messed up.

And Project Legacy is Assassin's Creed. Playing it unlocks shit in Brotherhood and vice versa. I also read that you can get Uplay points on it (which is the real reason I'm playing it), but so far, I can't figure out how. All over the internet it says you can, but at the same time, the internet doesn't know how.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:42 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

I think I've decided on that HP Mini 210. The price for it (customized) and a bag and wireless mouse comes to $481.06. Before I buy it though, I want to know what the two James' think of it first, if they don't mind. They're the biggest computer techies here, and I want to make sure I'm making the right decision.

(Two James' = Jambo and TS)

Edit: Ironically enough, my oldest brother, who also knows a shitton about computers, is also a James. lol

Edit: I've ordered a laptop. Thanks for the input mike. :)

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Silver Member

I would ask The Jambo before I asked me. I really don't know that much about hardware =(

If you notice your flash videos sometimes don't display properly, update your graphics driver though the device manager.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:09 am   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

Yeah, I think I might have jumped the gun a little. Just a few seconds of searching earlier today, and I found a laptop with superior specs for less than $5 more than what I paid for this one, and I like the color too.

Customized HP Pavilion dm1z the one I just bought
Processor: AMD Turion(TM) II Neo Dual-Core K625 (1.5GHz, 2M L2 cache)
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4225 Graphics
Memory: 3GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
Hard drive: 320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
Primary battery: 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.0 hours of battery life
Display: 11.6" diagonal HD LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1366 x 768)
Primary optical drive: none
Price w/ discount & tax: $542.75

Customized HP Pavilion dv6z the one I just found
Processor: AMD Turion(TM) II Dual-Core Mobile Processor P540 (2.4GHz, 2MB L2 Cache)
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4250 Graphics with 128MB Display Cache Memory [HDMI, VGA]
Memory: 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Hard drive: 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
Primary battery: 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 4.5 hours of battery life
Display: 15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Display (1366x768)
Primary optical drive: SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
Price w/ discount & tax: $547.28

And I can also upgrade to the following two for only $50 each.

Processor: AMD Phenom(TM) II Dual-Core Mobile Processor N640 (2.9GHz, 2MB L2 Cache)
Graphics: 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5470 switchable graphics [HDMI, VGA]

Yeah... I think I'm gonna return it and buy this one instead. Though I haven't decided if I'm going to upgrade the processor or graphics card yet. If I did though, I would be able to run StarCraft II at recommended settings.

Edit: This has now gone beyond the realm of a simple, small, light-weight computer for web browsing and light gaming away from home. It's now become a computer to replace my desktop all-together. o.o

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:40 am   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Iron Member

Now that's more like it!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:11 am   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

@Jambo

Is Intel Core i3-370M Dual Core Processor (2.40 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) better or worse than AMD Phenom II Dual-Core Mobile Processor N640 (2.9GHz, 2MB L2 Cache)? The next laptop down the list has that as it's only selectable processor, and it doesn't have anything selectable for graphics (integrated into processor). It says Intel HD Graphics on the processor page, but that doesn't tell me anything. Either way, does the i3-370M have 128MB or 512MB video ram (if you know/can find out)?

Edit: Nevermind, I found out. It's 128MB. i3-370M is worse.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:19 pm   Post subject: Re: A Good Computer?
Shadow Hacker

It is done! I decided to go with the base specs instead of upgrading. Not only was it $100 cheaper, but I would have had to wait until Friday to order it if I didn't, which means a later build date, and I could get screwed out of the savings somehow. Anyway, best of all, I will be getting this one before Xmas!

The laptop I ordered two nights ago had an estimated build date of January 4th. This one's estimated build date is December 21st, which means it'll arrive on the 23rd, just in time!

Odd how I can get a laptop with vastly superior specs, and receive it a lot quicker for just another $4.53. Strange how the universe works. Maybe it's a sign that it is meant to be. Or maybe I'm just one lucky SOB. You decide. :P

Edit: Forgot to mention. They offered me $30, then $40, then finally $50 back to not cancel my order. Tempting, but these new specs are so worth it. :P

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next