Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Javascript

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:50 pm

Javascript

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:32 pm   Post subject: Javascript
Poeta's Protector

Along with my prescribed courses this semester, I'm also teaching myself Javascript to enhance my web designing. I got the Dummies book and so far so good, it looks very similar to C++ (I had a hard time with that tho :( ).

Does anyone know Javascript here?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Javascript
Silver Member

Yep. I've found, for learning that, that it's best to have a feature in mind then to use references to try and figure out how you might achieve it.

My very first JS was in 10th or 11th grade, I let the user type in a hex color or color name, click submit, then it would change the bg or text color to whatever they entered. I thought it was awesome. lol
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:52 pm   Post subject: Re: Javascript
Poeta's Protector

:lol: I was all excited when I got it to say "Hello world!" :lol: Looks like you're my all around hookup for my programming questions (as long as it doesn't bother you!) I bought some more books too: php, ajax, and C# (I hear this is very popular now). I'll tackle the javascript first though. ;)

I like how they do those fancy smooth dropdown menus on some websites. I found a script for it but I want to know how they did it. I'm not just happy with copy and pasting. :P :lol:
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Javascript
Silver Member

I'll be glad to help where/when I can. ^_^

AJAX is awesome. The WiiRD Code Database's Menus are entirely AJAX. (link in sig)
AJAX really is not a difficult thing to learn; I heard about it, taught myself via the interweb, and started using it for administration on my site all in one night. =)
I knew a fair bit of both PHP and Javascript though. ;p
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:23 am   Post subject: Re: Javascript
Poeta's Protector

*hugs* Thanks James! I promise I won't drive you nuts with questions. lol.

And props on http://geckocodes.org/. Very well put together and easy to navigate. :D
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Javascript
Poeta's Protector

James!!! I still haven't learned javascript yet. XD I will this year. I will resume bothering you now. :P
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:24 pm   Post subject: Re: Javascript
Silver Member

lol, okay
Top Profile WWW