Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Reducing file size?

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Reducing file size?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:05 pm   Post subject: Reducing file size?
Infinite Poster

Im looking to try and reduce the space a wav file takes up, without converting it or compressing it or anything like that. Just to reduce the actual MB's it has while still having it remain the same file type. =/
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Top Profile E-mail WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:58 pm   Post subject:
Banned

You can download the trial of WavePad from NCH's Website. It's a sound editor. You can try opening your file with it and then hit "save as", it'll give you saving options. Change the attributes. That will enlarge, reduce, or maintain the file size, depending on which you choose. You will lose sound quality if you reduce the file size, though. The nice thing about the program is that it is really small and can be easily removed and/or reinstalled very quickly. So, it's not a hassle when the trial expires.
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:32 pm   Post subject:
Infinite Poster

Well, the problem is the file I initially started wiht was 246 kb's. When I converted it to wav, i jumped up to about 4 mb's. I managed to reduce it down to 1.5 mb's by playing wiht the quality and everything, I just dont understand how wav can turn something so simple into something so complicated. Ive ripped 5 MB mp3 songs off CD's into the same size, so I dont know how this 20 second clip can be 4 mb's, let alone the 1.5 either, im trying to aim for something around 500 kb =S

Bleh...........lol
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:37 pm   Post subject:
Banned

Oh. lol

Yeah, that's just how wave files are. That's why mp3's got so popular. You know, the whole sound quality + small file deal. Though, wave's can have really good quality. I recorded some music from SSBB @ 1536kbps. The files were about 22mb for 2 minutes of music.

So what are you using wave files for anyway?
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:34 pm   Post subject:
Infinite Poster

Cellphone ringtone. It doesnt let me play my own mp3's, or my waves dont seem to be able to go bigger than about 600 kb (Based on a pre installed on that is roughly that size). =/ lol
Even though some of the pre installed ringtones ARE mp3....=S
Stupid Nokia 6300....lol
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:33 am   Post subject:
Silver Member

Wave files are uncompressed, that's why they're so big. For a ringtone, I'd suggest just cutting it down to around 10 seconds, making it mono instead of stereo, and maybe making it < 20kHz if possible (since the sound quality of a cell phone speaker sucks anyway).
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:48 am   Post subject:
Smash Member (100-150)

lol i made a video about 5:30 mins and thr file was 1.4 gig......seriously, i think the video format was NTSC AVI

SSBB friend code:5155-3729-0870
youtube account