Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Sig Help

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Sig Help

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:25 pm   Post subject: Sig Help
Super Smash Member (350-400)

Could anyone teach me how to make good sigs ex. look at smk's past sigs :dance:

Other questions: Do you guys use photoshop or some other program?( And yes, I know how to use photoshop. I get stupid questions like that from a lot of people.) Is there anything I should know about before I start? (etc.)

If you could take some of your time to teach me, I would be very grateful. :yes: See? The little yellow man believes me :lol: .

Edit: this is a pic I edited with GIMP2.4, tell me if it's any good.
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:21 am   Post subject:
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
Thats a decent edit. I would say the best way to learn is through experimentation and ideas. Just think of something you would like to see and then experiment untill you have something somewhat like you wanted. Also, learn the limits of your programs. The more you learn about your programs the easier editing becomes. Really the best teacher is yourself because only you have your imagination.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:28 am   Post subject:
Giga Poster (500-650)

Become Photoshop, let the force be with you.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:07 pm   Post subject:

Lol, thanks guys. 8)
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:02 pm   Post subject:

Ok, I have a few new ones, most of them are from SSBB:

They're all basiclly the same, but some pics look good with it. (Hint: look at the last one :eyebrow: )
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:01 am   Post subject:
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
They all look decent, but the last one is most impessing. All I can say is using this effect in certain areas and not others can create even greater artwork (not the last one...that one is tight). EXAMPLE: On the link pic, you could use this effect to simulate movement. Also, on the bowser pic, if you focus more on the head, claws, and shell you can make bowser appear to be in mid strike.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:55 pm   Post subject:
Giga Poster (500-650)

You could also use this effect when highlighting parts of a picture, like you duplicate links sword apply your effect, increase the brightness and use it like an overlay. BTW you last pic, thats some nice stuff 8) .
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:48 pm   Post subject:

Mikehippop, good idea, and rwnd, the last picture was one I found online. I cut out some of the pointless stuff and added the blur. but I can't do the overlay thing with GIMP because it :censored: sucks. :evil:
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:03 am   Post subject:
Iron Member

If you can't overlay then copy and paste. Or you can PM me a pic of something like fire or a backdrop/other thing and tell me how visible you want it. I will lower its opacity and then give it back to you so you can copy and paste it onto your edit.

*In other words, I can try to create an overlay for you. I don't have photoshop so I have to make things the hard way. If you want the best overlays rwnd is your best bet.*
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:50 am   Post subject:

Yay! I got more! I work faster than I thought.
...this is really the only one that looks good out of all the ones I did. :|
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:13 am   Post subject:
Iron Member

Very nice. You have simulated movement well. Remember to spend ample time on each pic you edit, looking at it diffrently and trying out several things, before you consider the edit complete. I sometimes spend days on one pic before I consider it finished (or trash it). Ctrl Z is your friend. Don't worry about mistakes Hit Ctrl Z a few times and its gone.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:31 am   Post subject:
Giga Poster (500-650)

Great pic! As mikehippop said You have simulated movement well, my advice would be to build up on things. I guess it's not much but alot of effects can be achieved as you build on pics.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:02 pm   Post subject:

Sounds good to me. I'll try to work on that and I'll have a few more pictures in soon.
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:28 pm   Post subject:
Triforce Bearer

Do that effect in a picture of multiple characters to show movement.