Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Video Card Not Detected on Laptop

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Video Card Not Detected on Laptop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:58 pm   Post subject: Video Card Not Detected on Laptop
Shadow Hacker

I had my laptop formatted yesterday and windows reinstalled, and now it won't detect the video card. I can use it and everything seems fine, but anything that requires the video card, such as games, cannot detect it.

Red Faction (game) cannot detect any video cards making it unplayable, System Requirements Lab cannot detect any video cards (which means an automatic fail on everything), and Display adapters doesn't even show up on the list in Device Manager at all.

I just don't know what to do about this. If I can't get it to detect the video card, then the laptop is pretty much useless to me, as it's main purpose is for games. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be the cause of this?

Also, I can't put the laptop in StandBy mode. The button for it's faded out and I can't press it.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:15 pm   Post subject:
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

For the standby bit, i suggest looking through the power settings.

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:43 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

There doesn't appear to be any options involving Stand By in the laptops Power settings. :(

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:50 am   Post subject:
Silver Member

Umm... See if you can find the discs that come with the laptop. At least one of them should contain the drivers for your laptop, including the graphics drivers.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:56 am   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

That's the problem. I have no clue what I did with the discs he gave me for it. :lol:

Anyway, I have no idea what he did, but he just fixed it all. :D
I didn't even tell him about the StandBy thing and it's fixed too.
He also fixed another issue I've been having for about 2 months (couldn't access my desktop from it).

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:34 am   Post subject:
Silver Member

o.O that would have sucked..

Is "He" God? O:)
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:49 am   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

No, but he's very good with computers. He was even offered a government position (he declined though, thankfully).

The closest thing to something like that I've gotten is the damn Army calling me almost every week for about 2 years wanting me to join until I pratically told em to shove it. They said I got the highest score in my school, though somehow I doubt that. Should never have taken that stupid ASVAB test...

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:14 am   Post subject:
Silver Member

I did well on the ASVAB too! I was on the verge of joining the marines, then the airforce, back at my prime 175lbs. LOL
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:06 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

I meant to say a goverment job, not position. Position makes it sound like he's gonna be one of the a**holes at the very top. :lol:

Anyway, I take back what I said, because I have worked for the goverment. The one and only job I've ever had (which was super easy and wish I still worked there sometimes) was a goverment job, and I was working for the state.

Though the only reason I was working there is because the government needs a website too you know. :P

Back to the Army thing though, I just don't want to. Good thing I never have to worry about being drafted if it ever comes to that (registered Native American's can't be drafted, ever).

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:05 pm   Post subject:
Incredible (400-500)

Hiya LM, sorry to hear about the problems with your laptop, with reference to the "greyed out" standby button, this should fix it-
1) Click the "Start" button in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

2) Select the |"Control Panel"

3) Click the "System" icon within the "Performance and Maintenenace " section

4) Select the "Advanced" tab across the top

5) Click "Settings" within the "Performance" section

6) Select the "Advanced" tab

7) Near the bottom there is a "Change" button, click this

8) Within the "Virtual memory" section there is a button "System managed size"

9) Click this and then the "OK" -- 3 times, to exit the settings.

Restart your machine and STANDBY is once again an option. As for the GRAPHICS there are a few things to try- (1) Re-boot in safe mode (F8 at startup) go to device manager and see if your video adaptor is listed, if it is right click on it and select properties, click on "Scan for hardware changes". (2) if needed, whilst in safe mode goto add/remove programes and see if the driver for your card is there, if YES uninstall it, re-boot normally, windows should detect it upon re-boot, if NO goto the makers website and install the drivers from there, assuming of course that you know the make! Let me know if any of these worked. Oz

Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:41 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

Thanks oz, but you're a little late. :P
Link Master wrote:
Anyway, I have no idea what he did, but he just fixed it all. :D
I didn't even tell him about the StandBy thing and it's fixed too.
He also fixed another issue I've been having for about 2 months (couldn't access my desktop from it).

Also, I'm no idiot, or novice. Instead of numbering them and explaining everything, you could have said:
Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Settings > Change > System managed size
:wink: :( :P

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:27 pm   Post subject:
Incredible (400-500)

LOLZ :lol: Sorry Mate, didnt mean to imply that :mrgreen:

Top Profile E-mail