Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Looking for a semi-experienced programmer for a game.

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:31 pm

Looking for a semi-experienced programmer for a game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:27 pm   Post subject: Looking for a semi-experienced programmer for a game.
Executive Admin

Yeah, that probably sounds like much, but let me explain first. It's not like I don't know how to program. However, I'm not experienced at all in game programming, nor have I ever really gotten into C++. I however know the general idea of programming, but I'm fairly sure that I couldn't do the graphical part and the engine on my own. I'd try to help out as best as I can, as well.

About the game: It's something I've always wanted to see. A game that's pretty much solely there for highscores, tricky and amazing moves and an open ended level design. It would be some kind of crossover between N, Jumper, Prince of Persia and similar stuff. In general, one of the main aspects of the game is speed. The faster you run, the higher and or wider you can jump. For jumping, you can do highjumps, widejumps or normal jumps(which is balancing out the two extremes) for each kind of jump, which should be normal jumping, walljumping and pole-swing jumps. Unlike many other games you can and actually are supposed to turn in mid air to a point where you can actually go back into the direction you came from. You can also grab all kinds of ledges and poles, just like in Prince of Persia. Again, speed is a major factor in this. The higher/faster you drop onto a pole, the higher/wider you can jump off of it. I'm pretty tried right now, so I'll give a more in-detail description of the idea I have tomorrow when I get up (about 10-12 hours from now). However, I made a small map-sketch with a few paths to elaborate on the physics I just mentioned: http://thps3.net/gameidea.gif

Graphicswise, I'd like to to keep it pretty simple. I don't really care about the programming language we'd use, Flash, C++, Visual Basic, maybe even Game Maker, I don't really care as long as you can work well with it. I'd like to receive any feedback from you.
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:28 pm   Post subject:
Transcendental Guitarist

Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit. Someone lower a rope.
When I'm done learning about that stuff, I may be able to help you. But by the time I get any good at it, you may have already completed it. So I'll just wish you luck, sir.

I'm batman.
Top Profile E-mail WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:54 am   Post subject:
Blade Master of ARCentral (1400)

i have a friend who may be interested, i'll give him a messae when hes next online
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:13 pm   Post subject: Re: Looking for a semi-experienced programmer for a game.
Fire In My Hole

I have no idea how to program a game. Banana?
Top Profile