Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Theories on Guitar Hero

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Theories on Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:14 pm   Post subject: Theories on Guitar Hero
Ice Climber (50-100)

Yes, yes, this game is not new. I've spent a few months asking people I know who game what they think about the series, and I noticed a trend.
Most people who play Guitar Hero or Rock Band tend to like playing music, or can read music. I A few oddballs can't do either and still like it, but most are musical from the start.
Any thoughts on this?
All the bolts and bars were on the inside."

"Guards, Guards" Terry Pratchett
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:26 am   Post subject: Re: Theories on Guitar Hero
Shadow Hacker

You know my thoughts: they all suck the big one.
If I wanted to listen to music, I would do so, not play a game more than a little similar to DDR, which I hate.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Theories on Guitar Hero
Fire In My Hole

Guitar Hero used to be decent, back in the day when there wasnt one coming out every week. Really cannot stand the series anymore.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:41 am   Post subject: Re: Theories on Guitar Hero
Banned

What I noticed is that kids who play guitar hero a lot and are good at it are cocky and think they could actually play a guitar. The actual talented musicians hate it. I played it, didn't mind it, but wouldn't buy it.
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Theories on Guitar Hero
Ice Climber (50-100)

Yadao wrote:
What I noticed is that kids who play guitar hero a lot and are good at it are cocky and think they could actually play a guitar. The actual talented musicians hate it. I played it, didn't mind it, but wouldn't buy it.

Yeah, I hate the kids that are like that. I still like playing real guitar and fake guitar(GH). And if they actually thought of making the games a little bit more, then there probably wouldn't be so many. There's like what? Fifty now? They should just have games come out every so often with new features but be able to download the songs they want for any of the games. I still don't like the kids that can beat the hardest songs on expert and then try to rub it in others faces.

EDIT: Even one of the non-musicians I know, say its better to play a real guitar than GH.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/ ... _Raxby.png
Top Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Theories on Guitar Hero
Ice Climber (50-100)

ArlaGodofTwilight45 wrote:
Yadao wrote:

Yeah, I hate the kids that are like that. I still like playing real guitar and fake guitar(GH). And if they actually thought of making the games a little bit more, then there probably wouldn't be so many. There's like what? Fifty now? They should just have games come out every so often with new features but be able to download the songs they want for any of the games. I still don't like the kids that can beat the hardest songs on expert and then try to rub it in others faces.

EDIT: Even one of the non-musicians I know, say its better to play a real guitar than GH.

I'm not gonna argue with you on that one, but yes, some people are cocky, and try to rub it other people's faces. actually, I suck at it. My 12 year old cousin beats me every time I play against him. I don't know how people got it into their heads that they can actually play a real guitar after playing GH, but I am a talented musician, and I like the
game. So don't lump us all together
All the bolts and bars were on the inside."

"Guards, Guards" Terry Pratchett
Top Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Theories on Guitar Hero
Ice Climber (50-100)

Shadow Ganon wrote:

I'm not gonna argue with you on that one, but yes, some people are cocky, and try to rub it other people's faces. actually, I suck at it. My 12 year old cousin beats me every time I play against him. I don't know how people got it into their heads that they can actually play a real guitar after playing GH, but I am a talented musician, and I like the
game. So don't lump us all together

Ok but thats the thing, im not doing that...
Im saying I hate the kids who rub it in your face that they're better than you! Im not lumping you together...

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/ ... _Raxby.png
Top Profile YIM