Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - E3 09

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:07 pm

E3 09

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:55 am   Post subject: E3 09
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

Its coming up, June 2nd. Most of us know that the last E3 completely failed, with no public being allowed in, nobody bothered to show up, and those who did didnt show anything interesting.

But the big 3 have returned, and so have most game developers, but this one's looking to be quite big from what Microsoft says...

Microsoft's Don Mattrick wrote:
Microsoft is gearing up for a big presence at E3 which will completely transform how people think about home entertainment. We're excited about the momentum that is building in the industry in anticipation of our June 1st media briefing, which will kick off E3 in blockbuster style.

Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime wrote:
Nintendo has been a long time attendee of E3 and it has our full support. E3 brings a wide variety of key audiences into contact with products from many companies, including Nintendo. It's the place where creativity is on display, and as a 'sneak peak' for our entire industry it helps generate excitement for gamers around the world.

Sony's Jack Tretton wrote:
Sony Computer Entertainment America is looking forward to another great showing at this year's E3 Expo. The audience of North American-based and foreign media and key industry partners makes E3 Expo an ideal place for us to unveil the latest PlayStation news and products at our press event on June 2.

Any Predictions for e3?

A bit early, but i'll go with...

Microsoft: Releasing something that is brand new and quite good, probably a new way to play the 360 (like a motion sensitive controller), and some awesome titles, an all-round excellent presentation.

Nintendo: Underwhelming as always, some new mario games, a sonic game and lots of boasting of figures. Perhaps a new hardware add-on.

Sony: LittleBigPlanet for PSP, other sequels that will be exclusive. Nobody will care about them. Crappy presentation.

I'm not a fan boy or anything, but Microsoft tend to know how to do a presentation, Sony just cant put on a good show, and Nintendo never have anything to reveal.

Call me Skype Me™! Mesasge me on Steam™! IM Me

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:50 pm   Post subject: Re: E3 09
Fire In My Hole

Sony will remind us that we purchased an oversized, overweight, over priced paperweight as always, and reveal all the cool games that Xbox360 will be getting months ahead of them.

Nintendo will show us new and exciting ways to control the same tired old Mario/Sonic/Pok'emon etc games

Microsoft will unveil the 2 billionth FPS game, along with other exclusive titles that will be on PC by the end of the year

Did I miss anything?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:38 am   Post subject: Re: E3 09
Banned

Nintendo better dish out info on the next Zelda (not spirit tracks), or I'll be flying down there to bust some heads.
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:54 am   Post subject: Re: E3 09
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

The Jambo wrote:
Microsoft: Releasing something that is brand new and quite good, probably a new way to play the 360 (like a motion sensitive controller), and some awesome titles, an all-round excellent presentation.

I may be right...

A tipster from Engadget purports that Microsoft is flexing its innovative muscles to beat the Wii in the field of motion-sensing, complete with their own sensor bar that will detect not only waggles of controllers but FULL BODY MOVEMENT and sound -- even without the controller.

Supposedly, there are two sensors on the bar, as well as a mic and a camera. While the tipster has "no idea" how the whole thing works, at least he got to sneak out with the features list - and a picture to boot:

360 Sensor Bar?

* Full body and hand gesture control of games / characters.
* In fighting games you kick, punch, duck, dive, jump and so forth with your body.
* It also picks up small hand gestures like pinching, grabbing and scrolling.
* There will also be video conferencing and games with video.
* Trivia game over the internet with live images of each person playing. When a question pops up, they can clap to buzz in.
* You can "move objects on your screen" and the other party can see what you're doing in real time.
* Sensor detects only the person playing, not folks observing on the couch.

Hmmm.. thinking about it now, maybe Ken Lobb's little "slip" at a video interview for Banjo Kazooie did have something to it. Remember? He said, "So you basically grab with the wrench and then you twist the controller around and it'll move different things in the game."

Seems like perfect timing. One month to find out.

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:21 am   Post subject: Re: E3 09
Gold Member

Motion controls are not the biggest advance in controls from the Wii, in my opinion. The IR pointer is. If this allows FPSs to be played on 360 with a pointer functionality, I'll be very happy. :D
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:43 pm   Post subject: Re: E3 09
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

More importantly, it uses a camera and microphone, so allows a lot more possibilities than the Wii.

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:37 pm   Post subject: Re: E3 09
Giant Member (200-250)

Location: between a location close enough to kill you and the edge of the universe
bumped(or whatever it is)

nintendo had an awesome presentation this year....i mean new add-on,completely different metroid,smg 2,new mario platformer(that part was ok,but still),plus the up-and-coming 3rd party support....

the only thing that i was disappointed in was no nmh 2 info
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:44 am   Post subject: Re: E3 09
Shadow Hacker

The add on (Wii Motion Plus) and Wii Sports Resort were both revealed at last years E3, and the third party support already existed. It was a good presentation though, but not quite as good as 2006. I just wish they had some more info and videos on Spirit Tracks.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:16 am   Post subject: Re: E3 09
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

Nintendo and Sony were crap, if you watched Microsoft.

At least I was pretty much right with the guesses ^.^

We all knew about motion Plus beforehand anyway.

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:38 am   Post subject: Re: E3 09
Giant Member (200-250)

Location: between a location close enough to kill you and the edge of the universe
Link Master wrote:
The add on (Wii Motion Plus) and Wii Sports Resort were both revealed at last years E3, and the third party support already existed. It was a good presentation though, but not quite as good as 2006. I just wish they had some more info and videos on Spirit Tracks.

you didnt hear about the vitality sensor add-on??(i think thats the name).....it was on gttv and such
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:41 am   Post subject: Re: E3 09
ಠ_ಠ (☞゚∀゚)☞

:roll: A heartbeat monitor. How complex.

On the other hand, Microsoft have a camera, which can do all the things a wiimote can, for several people, without having to hold anything.

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:12 pm   Post subject: Re: E3 09
Shadow Hacker

Sorry, I don't praise thieves. Although it's at least a little more original and not as blatantly stolen as PS3's piece of crap motion thingy that looks like a freggin' wand.

Also, I agree. A heartbeat monitor? WTF?

Edit:
stephan wrote:
you didnt hear about the vitality sensor add-on??

Oh, right, that thing. I tend not to remember things with little to no value to me.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:24 pm   Post subject: Re: E3 09
Fire In My Hole

Only games I was remotely impressed by was Left 4 Dead 2 and Heavy Rain. The rest can suck my natal
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:36 pm   Post subject: Re: E3 09
Shadow Hacker

Metroid: Other M, Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Halo 3: ODST, Halo Reach, Assassin's Creed II and Left 4 Dead 2 are the ones I'm interested in.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:12 pm   Post subject: Re: E3 09
Fire In My Hole

Oh and Perfect Dark (how can I forget that). I simply cannot WAIT to play that game once more in HD, and with a decent joypad.
Top Profile