Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Games With Boundaries That Instantly Kill You

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:28 am

Games With Boundaries That Instantly Kill You

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:32 pm   Post subject: Games With Boundaries That Instantly Kill You
Tiny Member (5-50)

I've ran into multiple games that do this. MegaMan Network Transmission being the game I'm talking about though. Have you ever made a walk through walls code for a game, but when you walk through a wall or jumped through a ceiling you instantly got killed? I've been wondering how to stop that. Is there any way to stop that? I've been wondering this since I made my first walk through wall code that did this. Anyone know how to fix this?
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:09 am   Post subject: Re: Games With Boundaries That Instantly Kill You
Silver Member

find your health, if it gets set to 0 when you die from that, do a breakpoint write on your health to find WHAT sets it to zero. Nop around in the asm unless you know the asm well enough to figure it out.

If your health doesn't get set to zero, well, maybe just try searching for something that changes whenever you die.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Games With Boundaries That Instantly Kill You
Tiny Member (5-50)

Thank you very much for info James! :)
I'll definitely give that a shot. I don't know how well Dolphin does breakpoints, but I'll do my best to follow your information.
Once again, thank you very much for answering my question.
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Games With Boundaries That Instantly Kill You
Tiny Member (5-50)

Hmm... In Sonic Heroes, when you play as Team Rose in Frog Forest and Moon Jump to the bit where you're going around the giant Mushroom, if you let go of the flower (if you latched onto it) and fall down, you kinda just fall forever...
Top Profile