Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - It's as if my v1.06 AR is 'frozen' - can't change anything.

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:21 pm

It's as if my v1.06 AR is 'frozen' - can't change anything.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:36 pm   Post subject: It's as if my v1.06 AR is 'frozen' - can't change anything.
2 - Times Poster

Hello,

I recently purchased from an online retailer a new action replay.

The box on their site sure did look like the one that goes for that evil version 1.20 or whichever one was the very last version for the Gamecube (that one that Datel made specifically because they don't like non-Datel hackers), however the one I received was not that one (thank goodness!) but instead it was the 1.06 version.

Here was where I purchased from, for your information:
http://www.geeksetconline.com/pdshoppro ... emid=11173

So, the problem I'm having is I can't save any codes onto my Action Replay (I do have the dongle, the one with the purple action replay logo), and my disk version is v1.06.

I'm not certain what is going on here, because I can't modify any of the preloaded codes, and I can't save any codes that would have any game modifying data in them (by that I mean a code that has at least 1 'entry').
I can't delete any of Datel's preloaded games, and I can't make new codes because if I click on the 'done' key nothing happens.

I can cancel out of the keyboard screen, which does make the 'updating action replay' message come up, but that just makes a code with 0 'entries' and I can't use it. Same thing if I change a Datel code and then try to save, I can only cancel because clicking done will not save what I entered no matter how much I click it.
I don't get any error messages, not unless I move to an unused line of code and try to save, because it will say the data is invalid, which I thought it might - but for this there is no error, just it never will do anything.

It's like everything is frozen on my action replay, I can't change anything at all (the Options menu also does not save 'auto update off', but maybe that is intentional or something).

I'm afraid that if I send this back to who I bought it from then they might send me the 'correct' model (the one I think is pictured on the product page) and then I'd be really messed up because not only would I have lost my v1.06 version but I'd also get stuck with that awful final version from Datel (possibly).

I'm trying to figure out if I got scammed by the people I bought this from (this was like the only place to get an old action replay, because Ebay might not be too truthful - individual sellers can totally send the wrong item and you wouldn't know until you paid them and then got the item).

Can you help me?
Top Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:10 pm   Post subject: Re: It's as if my v1.06 AR is 'frozen' - can't change anything.
Shadow Hacker

I honestly don't know what the problem is, but as far as ebay goes, I found two that are what you're looking for.
Link 1: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-NEW-FACTOR ... 415c6c1d76
Link 2: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Factory-Sea ... 4aae9c9f14

The second one (Limited Edition) is the one I have. They're expensive as fuck though, and I honestly wouldn't shell out that much money for em, but hey, if you're desperate enough, there they are.

The key to buying from ebay in this situation, is to look for item listings that have photos of the actual product being sold, and ignore all the ones that share the same generic photo.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:42 pm   Post subject: Re: It's as if my v1.06 AR is 'frozen' - can't change anything.
2 - Times Poster

Unfortunately, that will never do. The amount of money they're asking is way too much for me - that's many times more than what I paid for this one from that online shop site.

I am not really certain on what I should do, since if I exchange it with a new one from the same site, I could potentially get screwed and either get stuck with the 'correct' item that I paid for (since I believe that they were selling the item depicted in the page, even if it is just a generic photo - though that photo is in fact the v1.20 version) or I could get stuck with an even worse messed up one than I already have.

However, this seems safer as it is way less money than the ones on Ebay.
If I could only get their costumer service to answer me, I might be able to get some information or a better replacement or something.

I highly doubt that this particular action replay can be fixed, since you don't know what the problem is and I already tried everything I as the user could do.
Top Profile