Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:46 pm

Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:39 am   Post subject: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Tiny Member (5-50)

how the hell do I find the game ID for a gamecube game with no encrypted codes?
I want to use jap ar codes for Fire emblem 9
i found codes for it but whenever I enter them it says the code is for a different game
so obviously the game ID for it doesn't correspond to US/PAL action replay
7EHN-8WYQ-MPZ3T
P9E0-QZKQ-R2MWX
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:24 am   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Crazy Poster (650-800)

I think you can just decrypt it.
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:26 pm   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Tiny Member (5-50)

no i mean when I decrypt the code
it gives me a game ID that does not correspond to the
game for my PAL AR so when I enter the code
it says this code is for another game

this code will only work if inputted in japanese AR
but unfortunately I have never found a ISO for it, the copies
that sell on online stores are extremely expensive, and I
went to japan for a week and couldn't find one since
gamecube is dead
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Crazy Poster (650-800)

Wait ISO? Are you using an emulator? And why are you using a Japanese AR? Do you speak Japanese?
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:49 am   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Tiny Member (5-50)

no i mean that the game ID you get when you
decrypt this code
7EHN-8WYQ-MPZ3T
P9E0-QZKQ-R2MWX
corresponds with the japanese version of AR
I have the US/PAL version
for some reason the japanese and US/PAL
AR have different game ID for games
like PAPER MARIO RPG ntscj
PAL AR uses this code as the (M)
KHXN-CQCJ-NYBAJ
1PJB-Q7PW-4KVZ8
ETRW-XUTM-4KQ98
01Q3-K6XA-V0H5H
this code has game ID 00B
also this code was made by parasyte I have no idea how he figured out how to make this code
while jpn AR uses this code as the (M)
JHM5-H5V7-G66AF
EER8-VJ41-B64RB
this code has game ID 06F
the only game that I have found that has the same game ID
for PAL and JPN is super mario sunshine NTSC-J
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:52 pm   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Shadow Hacker

Of course the Game ID is different. Japanese codes will only work on the Japanese version of the game.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Tiny Member (5-50)

NO NOT THE GAME
THE ACTION REPLAY DISCS THEMSELVES
OF COURSE THE GAME ID FOR DIFFERENT REGIONS
ARE DIFFERENT
I MEAN
I HAVE TWO CODES FOR THE JPN VERSION OF
PAPER MARIO RPG
ONE IS FOR THE JPN VERSION OF "ACTION REPLAY"
ONE IS FOR THE PAL VERSION OF "ACTION REPLAY"
BOTH THE CODES ARE FOR THE SAME GAME SAME REGION
BUT THE GAME ID ARE DIFFERENT
EVEN THOUGH THE CODES ARE FOR THE EXACT SAME GAME
FOR SOME REASON PARASYTE WAS ABLE TO FIND OUT WHAT
THE GAME ID FOR PAPER MARIO NTSC J FOR PAL ACTION REPLAY
EVEN THOUGHT GAME ID FOR PAPER MARIO NTSC J
FOR JPN ACTION REPLAY IS DIFFERENT FROM IT
HOW THE HELL DID HE DO THAT?
DID HE JUST INPUT RANDOM GAME ID TILL HE FOUND IT OR WHAT?
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Crazy Poster (650-800)

Cool story bro!
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:05 am   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Tiny Member (5-50)

hahaha
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:24 am   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
Ok, so the codes match the game, but not the the Action Replay? Shouldn't be a problem since the AR has a region selection before you input codes.

From the manual

6) Action Replay Codes
a) Region Select
When you select "Action Replay Codes" from the Main Menu, you will be asked which code list you wish to view. Highlight one of the
flags (European, American or Japanese) then press A to view the code list for that region.
Top Tip: If you want to play any game with Action Replay codes activated, you MUST select the appropriate region, or the codes will
NOT work (eg if you have the Japanese version of "Legend of Zelda" then you must select the Japanese code list).

If this is your problem and that's not working then you're screwed.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:40 am   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Tiny Member (5-50)

Here's what you can do:
Decrypt the code(s). then delete the first line. then change the Game Id so it matches the Game Id for the (m) code on the AR you want to use. Encrypt the code and your good to go.
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:47 am   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Tiny Member (5-50)

THE MAIN PROBLEM I AM HAVING RIGHT NOW
IS THAT NO ONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT MY PROBLEM IS
SO I WILL MAKE IT AS CLEAR AS POSSIBLE FOR YOU ALL

I am not a fool I know that US/PAL AR can input japanese codes
as long as you input them on the japanese flag
I find codes for NTSC-J version of games that I want to use
problem is that whenever I input one of these codes
the action replay says that this code is for a different game
I tried decrypting the code erasing the top line
then encrypting it again but that didn't work
because it turns out the game ID for the code
does not correspond to PAL/US ACTION REPLAY
http://images.discoazul.com/images/acti ... _gcevo.jpg
it corresponds with JPN PRO ACTION REPLAY
http://www.gamebaz.com/images/Thumbs/4544859002465.jpg
aparently the coder parasyte found the game ID
for the game PAPER MARIO RPG NTSC-J
and made a (M) code for it
KHXN-CQCJ-NYBAJ
1PJB-Q7PW-4KVZ8
ETRW-XUTM-4KQ98
01Q3-K6XA-V0H5H
while jpn pro AR uses this code as the (M)
JHM5-H5V7-G66AF
EER8-VJ41-B64RB
what I am trying to find out is how parasyte was able
to find the game ID for a japanese game for PAL AR
and create the (M) code for it

there are already many codes for japanese GC games
but they all have the wrong game ID
if I can only figure out what the correct game ID
are I can encrypt those codes with the correct ID
and use them on my PAL AR

by wrong I mean does not correspond with PAL AR game ID of the game
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:25 am   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Tiny Member (5-50)

He (Parasyte) didn't "found" the Game Id for the game. Whenever someone starts making codes for a new game for the first time. The first thing to do is to find the address(es) for the (m) code. then the next thing is to pick a Game ID number for the game. It must be a number that doesn't exist for any other games of cource.
I think thats your problem: There's already a game with that Game ID number on your AR.
If I'm correct in that, then what you must do is: Start a new game file on your AR. You can call it whatever you want to. Fire Emblem (2) for example. Then decrypt all the codes, inclusive the (m) code. Then pick a new Game Id number for the game. The hard part is to find a number that hasn't been used for another game. The higher number you choose the greater chance there is that it will work. For example F9F.
Then encrypt the codes with the new Game Id number.

Maybe I still misunderstand what you are trying to say. If so, then disregard this post.
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:37 pm   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Crazy Poster (650-800)

Gilberd wrote:
THE MAIN PROBLEM I AM HAVING RIGHT NOW
IS THAT NO ONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT MY PROBLEM IS
SO I WILL MAKE IT AS CLEAR AS POSSIBLE FOR YOU ALL

I am not a fool I know that US/PAL AR can input japanese codes
as long as you input them on the japanese flag
I find codes for NTSC-J version of games that I want to use
problem is that whenever I input one of these codes
the action replay says that this code is for a different game
I tried decrypting the code erasing the top line
then encrypting it again but that didn't work
because it turns out the game ID for the code
does not correspond to PAL/US ACTION REPLAY
http://images.discoazul.com/images/acti ... _gcevo.jpg
it corresponds with JPN PRO ACTION REPLAY
http://www.gamebaz.com/images/Thumbs/4544859002465.jpg
aparently the coder parasyte found the game ID
for the game PAPER MARIO RPG NTSC-J
and made a (M) code for it
KHXN-CQCJ-NYBAJ
1PJB-Q7PW-4KVZ8
ETRW-XUTM-4KQ98
01Q3-K6XA-V0H5H
while jpn pro AR uses this code as the (M)
JHM5-H5V7-G66AF
EER8-VJ41-B64RB
what I am trying to find out is how parasyte was able
to find the game ID for a japanese game for PAL AR
and create the (M) code for it

there are already many codes for japanese GC games
but they all have the wrong game ID
if I can only figure out what the correct game ID
are I can encrypt those codes with the correct ID
and use them on my PAL AR

by wrong I mean does not correspond with PAL AR game ID of the game

Cool story bro!

Why yes, I am an ***hole. Thank you for asking.

But seriously, why not just not use that code? Its not the end of the world right?

Last edited by sith12345 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:43 pm   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Shadow Hacker

Let's skip the walls of text and get straight to the point. No, you really don't know what the hell you're talking about. If you did, then you wouldn't have an issue here, now would you? So let's break it down.

There are 3 regions for each game; E, J and P. They're commonly referred to as NTSC, PAL, and Japan respectively. Action Replay codes have a verifier line within them, separating them between both the individual games and these 3 regions. If you ever get the message this code is for a different game, it means that the Game ID contained within the verifier line does not match the Game ID in the list of codes you're trying to add it to. If it's for a new list of codes when you get that error message, then that Game ID is already being used by another list. It's as simple as that.

Game IDs themselves do not matter. They have absolutely nothing to do with the individual game. It's merely there to keep the codes organized on the AR, and to prevent codes from being added to the wrong list. You can decrypt a code, remove the verifier line, and re-encrypt it with whatever Game ID you please and it'll still work. You must also select the correct region when encrypting, which is located right next to the Game ID input box.

Now, reading through your posts, you keep mentioning things like, codes for a Jap game to be used on a PAL AR, and vice versa. These things do not exist. There is no special version of a code to be used on an AR from a different region, it's all the same shit. A code made for a Jap game will work on that game, no matter what region your AR is from. The only thing that matters is that the game is also the Jap version.

You haven't really explained to us what you're trying to do exactly, you just keep going on and on about things that have no relevance. If you would give us the specifics, tell us exact what you're trying to do and how you're trying to do it, we would be able to help you better. From what I gather though, I think this is your problem.

You have a PAL AR, and wish to use a Jap code on the Jap version of a game, but the AR won't allow you to add the code to the Jap section on your PAL AR. If your AR already has codes for said Jap game, then I would decrypt a code from that list to see what Game ID it's using, and re-encrypt the code you found with it. To do that, just open GCNcrypt and go in to edit a code on your AR (It can't be the M code though, because the AR won't let you view the actual code on them.). Type in all of the lines, decrypt, and viola, there's the Game ID they're using. After you've done that, use that Game ID to encrypt the code you found, and it should allow you to add it. Just make sure you encrypt it with the correct regions as well.

If that's not the solution, then give us more details, and the code(s) would also help us out. Also a protip: Yelling and cursing at us for trying to help you, will only get you banned, by me; so if you wan't help, then be a little more polite about it.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:24 pm   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
Link Master wrote:
Let's skip the walls of text
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Shadow Hacker

His walls, not my walls. :P

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Crazy Poster (650-800)

Being LM, he is wearing his hat of +1 allowed to post walls of text.
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Shadow Hacker

Indeed.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Find game ID for GC games with no encrypted codes
Tiny Member (5-50)

A question for you sith12345 (off topic): I can't see your avatar. Why?
Top Profile E-mail