Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:51 pm

I need help with this code.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:45 pm   Post subject: I need help with this code.
Tiny Member (5-50)

Ok, so I wanted to be able to creat my own codes for my NTSC Gamecube action replay and I found that GCNrd, but the length and complication of the directions scared me, and I saw I needed much more than just a software. (I was expecting a code language, like C++ or HTML or something) So I decided I just might try using a code that could potentially work on another game (Resident Evil 4's "Walk Through Walls Player" code) and I just used GCNcrypt and Decrypted it, then took that, changed the game ID to the game I wanted to use it for (Timesplitters future perfect) then ecryped it. The code went through but I cant walk through walls. So is what i did possible to make the code work? This is it:
3X6M-A4KJ-JRTYZ
3MMV-X0DZ-YPTJA
RQUA-JFE9-2JKGT
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:48 am   Post subject: Re: I need help with this code.
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
Changing game IDs will not make the code work for other games. It would be fantastic if it did, but it doesn't. Each game (and even different versions of each game) have there own unique addresses. This means you need to find an address or series of addresses within the game of your choice that would enable you (by whatever means, maybe disabling collision) to walk through walls by editing their values. All the game ID does is allow the AR to identify which game the code is for. Without AR you don't even need a game ID to begin with.

So to answer your question, no you can't do it that way. Don't let GCNrd scare you. It is your friend, assuming you have met the requirements to use it. If you haven't then it is not at all your friend. In that situation it mocks you by flaunting it's greatness.