Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - Neat

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:52 pm

Neat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Shadow Hacker

James0x57 wrote:
* It is no longer possible to use up all crafting materials at once by shift-clicking.

When the hell was that feature even added? It's one I've wanted for a long time, and I'm not even going to get to use it!

And what the hell is up with some of these bugs? A lot of them don't even make sense, like wolves getting hurt by furnaces. Where in the code does a furnace hurt ANYTHING? It's almost like hes adding some of these bastards in.

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Silver Member

lmao I know, right?

They added the shift-craft in 1.6.2 I think but it caused problems.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
God damn notch get your act together.
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:46 am   Post subject: Re: Neat
Master Poster (800-999)

Sometimes developers intentionally make "mistakes" and "fix" them in later updates that they believe people will hate so that they still update. This all circles back to my theory that Notch is just a hateful man in general.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
*Plays Terraria*
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:16 am   Post subject: Re: Neat
Silver Member

Last update before 1.7..

If beds really don't work in SMP, I vote for not updating until 1.7... (Adventure instead of Survival!)

* Bonemeal can place tall grass and flowers on grass blocks. [1]
* Added Performance in Video Settings, Options Menu. Can be set to Max FPS, Balanced or Power saver.
* Changed the material of glowstone from “glass” to “stone”. This means you need a pickaxe to get resources from it
* Made glowstone drop more loot (Up to 4 Glowstone Dust)
* Made the recipe sizes for creating cloth blocks and glowstone blocks smaller (2x2 instead of 3x3)
* Re-introduced unlimited FPS, renamed the option again
* Made version number only show up if F3 is toggled

Bug Fixes:

* Fixed beds not working very well at all in SMP (Apparently still broken)
* Fixed destroying a boat spawning the player too low, causing them to sometimes fall through the ground
* Boats float up to the surface quicker
* Boats falling down into water lose their vertical momentum very fast
* Removed Herobrine (A practical joke from Notch)

New Bugs:

* You dont need a pick to break glowstone in SMP and it only drops 1 glowstone. However it works properly in SSP
* Crafting wool and glowstone in the 2x2 grid on SMP doesnt work.

edit: this stuff has changed on the wiki version history... Seems the beds do work in SMP? And the "new bugs" about glowstone aren't listed now.
*shrugs*
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Iron Member

James0x57 wrote:
(Adventure instead of Survival!)

Adventure mode will be awesome, but I wouldn't want to replace survival with it. It limits players.
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Silver Member

Wouldn't it be amazing if small towns with friendly npc's were randomly generated too? Even better if there were hostile towns too :D
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:47 am   Post subject: Re: Neat
Iron Member

That would be awesome, but this adventure is supposed to be more of the dungeon exploration/RPG variety.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:11 am   Post subject: Re: Neat
Silver Member

Yeah, I read up on the wiki.. Sounds minimally entertaining. :(
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Master Poster (800-999)

In adventure mode, you dig around the dungeons instead of going through them. You will also have to dig around the bosses instead of killing them.

Adventure mode will be sweet.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Iron Member

No, there are supposed to be restrictions on what you can do. You shouldn't be able to dig through dungeon walls/floors/ceilings or anything of the like.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Silver Member

There's a pretty significant bug in case we go to 1.6.6 for the server:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/354 ... ug-thread/

Basically if you set the server chunk distance to less than 10 (10 is default) then all mobs (passive too) will be very very rare.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Iron Member

That shouldn't be a problem at all since we never modify that particular setting.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Silver Member

I read that the option for the server to only send a limited number of chunks (by distance) to each player is new to 1.6's.

... o.O?
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:24 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Iron Member

And that's exactly why we never modify that particular setting. In any case, why deviate from the default? If a player lags due to loading chunks at the default setting said player can lower the view distance. IMO different players with different chunk limits on the same server could only cause more problems anyway.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Silver Member

lol

The draw distance (local) is very different from the "what you have available to draw" distance (that the server has). Changing your draw distance doesn't matter to the server or other players (you still receive world data from the server beyond what's drawn!). The server setting to limit what's provided to each player is a single setting (not set individually).

The server setting is mostly to limit bandwidth usage- which may be important on really large servers. Not so much for us.
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:52 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Iron Member

Well then, shouldn't be a problem. It would be funny though if you could limit the area to 5 chunks or so without reducing mob. spawn rates.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Silver Member

lol That would be hell!

I don't know the programming in the game but someone thought the problem was that mobs despawn beyond 10 chunks so if the server gives less than 10, the despawn doesn't happen.

So there aren't less overall but the server is always at the limit because they're spread out and never despawn.

....if that really is the reason for problem then the first fix could very likely do what you're thinking!!
lmao We'd all have to stand at mob traps and set it to 2 or 3 chunks. We'd all be loaded in 2 seconds. XD
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Neat
Poeta's Protector

I want to play with you guys! I still have 1.5. I was reading back to see where you guys play but I didn't see it.
Top Profile
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next