Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/njssjfu/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Action Replay Central :: View topic - The history behind your user name...

Action Replay Central

Official Forums of ARCentral.net
IRC:cookie.sorcery.net #ARCentral
* FAQ   * Rules   * Search   * Members   * The Staff
* Login
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:04 pm

The history behind your user name...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:21 pm   Post subject:
Super Smash Member (350-400)

One day in school, I was really tired and i misspelled cool and spelled it kewl. Once I realized that (which was about a minute late), I liked it so I made it my word. I thought cool guy spelled as kewlguy would sound awsome as a user name, so I use it as my username on everything. :P
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:01 pm   Post subject:
Ice Climber (50-100)

"Gurato" is how "Glato" would be written in japanese with our letters.
"Glato" is the nickname I chose for myself ten years ago in 1998, when I had to create and name my Diablo character.
"Glato" comes from a part of my surname (which is "Bigatto". Cut off the "Bi", swapped the 2nd "t" for an "l" and put it after the "G").

I used "Glato" until the end of 2005. I still use it, but only with a few "selected" friends.
Since then, I was using various nicknames: Ys_Gamer (GameFAQs), Adol (Rockman Perfect Memories), etc. Then suddenly I settled myself and now I use two nicknames around the web: Gurato and Red Hairdo.

Gurato = especifically for hacking-related sites, created on February 2006
Red Hairdo = especifically for sites focused on a gaming series, also created on February 2006.

I also use "Red Hairdo" because I'm an ABSOLUTE die-hard fan of red-haired swordsmen characters from a few gaming series (currently 5). I always liked characters who used swords, but when I started playing SSBM I noticed that I also felt something different for the swordsmen who had red hair and were good at heart. These fictional characters inspire me in a way words can't describe accurrately.

Note: Huge fan of Crono from Chrono Trigger since 1995. I also liked Adol Christin from the Ys series since 1992 when I played one of his games for TurboGrafx 16 CD. Later in Melee (2002) I instantly liked Roy's style in EVERYTHING, then I came up with the red-haired swordsmen idea. Later in the middle of 2006 I played Roy's game in english and thought he was even a lot more cooler than before. Around the same time, I played The Granstream Saga for PS1 and saw the game's main hero Eon did fit perfectly in my "tastes" and also decided to give him credit somehow since his game was so underrated. And finally, in the middle of 2007, I played casually Tales of the Abyss for PS2 and the game's main character Luke fon Fabre also did fit just as well as Eon after I beated his game.
(I don't think anyone will be reading all this. :roll:)

FlamingRedHead wrote:
What does it mean? I am a red head (^_^;)

What does it represent? Me being a natural red head

Why do you have it? Because I have had this username on different forums for about 4 years now.

Not sure if you'll ever see this, but I wonder if you would have liked my signature. xD
Top Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:51 pm   Post subject:
Tiny Member (5-50)

in 1999 i joined a unrealtournament clan on my first day on playing the game lol so i made my name The Rookie and after some years The is now T + rookie so now it's Trookie NL and the NL is Netherlands. :mrgreen:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:26 pm   Post subject:
Crazy Poster (650-800)

Gurato wrote:
Not sure if you'll ever see this, but I wonder if you would have liked my signature. xD

YOU FORGOT ZELOS!

My username:

Boredom?
Starwars?
Numbers?
Laziness?
Top Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:31 pm   Post subject:
Ice Climber (50-100)

Mine just came from a Japanese game called Apocripha/0. One of the character's name is Platina, who's also my forum avatar.

Edit: Are we allowed to post in topics that are a couple months old? I'm terribly sorry if we're not, because I wasn't paying attention to the date of this topic!
Top Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:37 pm   Post subject:
Shadow Hacker

Only if you're adding to the conversation, which you are. :P

8-bit Link pwns you all!
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:39 am   Post subject:
Fire In My Hole

Both parts of my username are in refrence to Forbidden Siren (one of my favourite horror series).

"Yami" being from the second games enemies Yamibito (their sort of like ghosts I guess)

"Shi" being from Shibito, the enemies in the first game (Japanese answer to the living dead).

"Ra" I cant remember, probabally a combination of it sounded good at the time, and I couldnt think of any other ways to end it.

Hopefully that clears up my weird username.
Top Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:09 pm   Post subject:
Iron Member

Location: Hey look, I changed my location. Unfortunately, I didn't change it to anything clever or funny.
Note that "Shi" Is japanese for the number 4 and also the idea of death.

As for my username............it was easy to remember.
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:45 pm   Post subject:
Triforce Bearer

"Mikehippop" is a catchy username...
(")_(") world domination.)
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:23 pm   Post subject:
Adventurer (250-300)

My username on every site I ever registered for since I can remember was JupiterAdept in reference to Golden Sun. I later had to add on an underscore because it became an increasingly popular username, and I later shortened to Jupiter_ which because a pain to type the underscore, and I dropped it and now use Jupiter for every site I register. (Unless it is in use, in which I use Infinity8 partly because of my infinity tattoo and mostly in reference to .hack//G.U.)
Top Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:47 pm   Post subject:
Tiny Member (5-50)

Ty is my nickname I choose, it cought on in 5 minutes.
Hawk is part of one of my many online names.
Um, merging two nicknames can make a good username?
///. . . . //. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . //. \\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . //. . ..\\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . **. . . . .**

*Kaboom*
Top Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:29 am   Post subject:
Giant Member (200-250)

It was a typo of my (at one point in time. not now) favorite TV show, Benson.

Do not will this product powder suck in lung department.
In order to avoid that influence health.

"Suggest will this product thoroughly cook eat"

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:43 am   Post subject:
Triforce Bearer

What about the "dubois?"
(")_(") world domination.)
Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:07 pm   Post subject:
Giant Member (200-250)

It's his last name i the TV show.

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:04 am   Post subject:
Hero of Legend

I'm obsessed with gory anime, videogames, and t.v. shows about the paranormal. The irony thing is I hate horror movies
Top Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:55 pm   Post subject:
Giant Member (200-250)

I rarely watch TV anymore since the last year and a half for many reasons.
I only watch How it's made, House MD, and rarely the Science Channel. That's it.

Top Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:43 pm   Post subject:
Triforce Bearer

Wow. This was a thread way back in 2005.

Initials + Image
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:08 pm   Post subject:
Adventurer (250-300)

you'd be surprised how far things could be stretched.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:18 pm   Post subject: Re: The history behind your user name...
Hero of Time

(1:45)

And The 731 Was Just To Make It Fancy...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:23 pm   Post subject: Re: The history behind your user name...
2 - Times Poster

It's simple: all game codes for my systems come to me. I am the vector point of codes' direction.

Oh, yeah, and it sounded cool.